Taylormade Penta TP - Forum Review Thread

Hit them side by side with the Niblick today with the Z-Star, B330RX, and the Penta. All are great balls and my 3 favorite, but the Penta won out.

Has anyone seen these in the stores yet?I know one store is expecting delevery Dec.15th

12/15 is the date that most in the south are expecting. I know the stores around us did not get delivery yet.

12/15 is the date that most in the south are expecting. I know the stores around us did not get delivery yet.

Humm,I thought I read/heard Dec 1st was suppose to be the release date?Oh well,Guess the head pro will just have to wait till then,cause I'm not giving him anymore of the balls to play with.

I have received 8 emails from the guys in our mens league that were part of the review begging to get this golf ball back. I guess that is testimonial by itself.

You just gave me a great idea for Christmas presents for some of my golf buddies. With all the snow right now, they won't be buying any until spring, I can pick some up as a surprise.

I was sending tweets back and forth with Golf Galaxy. Here is something that may interest some of you.

@Golf_Galaxy ... (re: Pentas) When do they hit retail shelves and what is the price?

Golf_Galaxy @biggsyfl Some of southern stores will have very limited supply in mid-December. These will be in all stores in early 2010.

Good to know...I hope my store will be one of those. :D

I've been wishing that I could buy a dozen for my brother for Christmas, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Even if the online stores get them by the 15th, it's going to be hard to keep them in stock, and getting them shipped to the house by the 24th will be even harder. Too bad.... guess I'll have to wait till his birthday in April. :confused2:

I've been wishing that I could buy a dozen for my brother for Christmas, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Even if the online stores get them by the 15th, it's going to be hard to keep them in stock, and getting them shipped to the house by the 24th will be even harder. Too bad.... guess I'll have to wait till his birthday in April. :confused2:

I could pick up some for you at a local store and ship them to you. Do you have Pay Pal? They should get to you in time for Christmas.

I could pick up some for you at a local store and ship them to you. Do you have Pay Pal? They should get to you in time for Christmas.

Yes I do have PayPal... in fact I just sent a donation to THP through it. :D

I'm not going to jump right now... my brother lives in Idaho, so he won't be playing any golf until April anyway. Thanks for the offer though.. :thumb:

Yes I do have PayPal... in fact I just sent a donation to THP through it. :D

I'm not going to jump right now... my brother lives in Idaho, so he won't be playing any golf until April anyway. Thanks for the offer though.. :thumb:

No problem. Where I am at, it is just cold enough to be annoying, but not cold enough to quit playing. What is maddening is that Florida weather is only about 8 hours away from me.

Price of new Penta?

Price of new Penta?

Does anyone know what the Penta price point is going to be?

I'm a big fan of Z star and B330RX because they perform for me as well if not better than a ProV but are atleast $10 cheaper per dozen than the ProV's. Hoping that TM keeps the price resonable on these.

I'm a big fan of Z star and B330RX because they perform for me as well if not better than a ProV but are atleast $10 cheaper per dozen than the ProV's. Hoping that TM keeps the price resonable on these.

My understanding is that they will be about the same as a Pro V1, which isn't a bad thing, because it's a better ball. :D

Retail pricing is around $44

CG15 + Penta Golf Balls = Fun round of golf

Very little at all. The durability is quite good as mentioned in our THP review on the home page.

We have heard about 5-6 reports today that quite a few stores in CA, FL, and TX are all getting their limited Penta stock, so they should be available here any day now for many.

We have heard about 5-6 reports today that quite a few stores in CA, FL, and TX are all getting their limited Penta stock, so they should be available here any day now for many.

I went back home to cali for 4 days and found all the stores that I visited (cause I had friends there) all had the penta out on the shelves for sale.

Frustrating cause we were told not to put on shelves till the 15th of december

Just called my local pro shop and they only have 6 dozen left out of their shipment and they're going for 41.99 a dozen

Just called my local pro shop and they only have 6 dozen left out of their shipment and they're going for 41.99 a dozen

Really? That is below MAP!

How much is MAP?

Back