Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the range. Weather is a little warmer today.

My driver is still frigid. Why doesn't she love me anymore?

Probably because he is not a she. The driver is the most masculine club in the bag.

She has been reading the site and knows that you may be cheating on her with dates when you get to FL and are able to hit all the drivers from the driver shoot out.

-31 degrees here today... had to warm my car up for 15 minutes before even attempting to make my way over to the golf dome.

I know its crazy. Usually nobody can go outside for more than 10 mins without freezing and getting frostbite.
No kidding. I wonder what would happen if you left a golf ball outside over night and then hit it the next day?

No kidding. I wonder what would happen if you left a golf ball outside over night and then hit it the next day?

A friend of mine created a hand held golf ball warmer, which is basically an insulated container with a hand/foot warmer inside. It holds three balls, and he rotates them throughout his round. He's tested it thoroughly and is convinced he gets extra yards from using it. I'm not sure if there are any official rules against that type of thing.

Out of curiosity, I tried the opposite and left a few golf balls in the freezer over night, and sure enough, they didn't seem to go as far as regular heated balls.

A friend of mine created a hand held golf ball warmer, which is basically an insulated container with a hand/foot warmer inside. It holds three balls, and he rotates them throughout his round. He's tested it thoroughly and is convinced he gets extra yards from using it. I'm not sure if there are any official rules against that type of thing.

Yes, that would be illegal if you were entering your score or playing in competition. Chances are if you're playing some place that cold - handicap season would be closed so it wouldn't matter anyway.

Yes, that would be illegal if you were entering your score or playing in competition. Chances are if you're playing some place that cold - handicap season would be closed so it wouldn't matter anyway.

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to have to let him know that he's been cheating.

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to have to let him know that he's been cheating.

He can warm them up as much as he likes before the round begins, but after the first stroke he can only use body heat.

it was raining pretty good today and pretty warm 60*... sat in the clubhouse all day and watched internet tv(i work at a course)... 4 ppl actually came out... 3 played and 1 hardcore grandpa hit the range... 2 didnt even have rain gear... lol

I find the "Grandpa Profiling" offensive. Watch it, hehe

Out of curiosity, I tried the opposite and left a few golf balls in the freezer over night, and sure enough, they didn't seem to go as far as regular heated balls.
If you leave your golf balls in the house than you should be fine.

Freezing rain tonight. Their calling for dangerous conditions here by morning. I wish I'd have won the TMPL coupon. I'd have a reason to hop on a plane for warm climates.

Our high for the next four days is supposed to be at midnight tonight, 41°. No precip until Saturday. Really cold Monday and Tuesday and slow warmup after that.

[YOUTUBE]BBI5Wn99A-Y [/YOUTUBE]

This relates to the weather :)

This relates to the weather :)

Went golfing yesterday around 1pm (Twilight time) at a new course, they have GPS in the golf carts (super cool :good:) and then it started to get REALLy cold and started to mist come the 12th hole, and then I called in the game, the BF was not happy. But I was freezing cold and it was starting to rain (ok, a really heavy shower). I can't even come close to how you all are over on the East Coast right now...

LOL: I'm a southern Cali girl...what can I say :confused2:

Our high for the next four days is supposed to be at midnight tonight, 41°. No precip until Saturday. Really cold Monday and Tuesday and slow warmup after that.

They were right this time. I left the house a 4 AM and it was 40, walked out of work at 9 AM and the wind was howling out of the north and it was take your breath away cold.
freez.gif

They were right this time. I left the house a 4 AM and it was 40, walked out of work at 9 AM and the wind was howling out of the north and it was take your breath away cold.
freez.gif

LOVE the smiley :) He's super cute...brrrrrrrrrr :D

It was in the 60's this morning with heavey fog, Got in 9 holes before it started raining. Forecast says clear after today.

I find the "Grandpa Profiling" offensive. Watch it, hehe

he was the only one out on the range so i had mad respect for him... he's a trooper...

it was really foggy this morning when i teed off but burned off by the time we hit the 5th teebox... ended up being pretty hot today... had to remove a few layers

We're supposed to hit about 46° this afternoon but are not supposed to see 40° for at least the next week. They were right about the temporary warm up, if 46 is considered warm. It is when compared to the teens I suppose! Come February we'll be wearing shorts when it gets to 46!

We're supposed to hit about 46° this afternoon but are not supposed to see 40° for at least the next week. They were right about the temporary warm up, if 46 is considered warm. It is when compared to the teens I suppose! Come February we'll be wearing shorts when it gets to 46!

I thought yesterday would have "felt" warmer than it did, I guess we haven't had the really cold weather long enough yet.

It's frustrating. The weather is so beautiful, but the days aren't long enough to thaw the course very fast. Even though there isn't much snow, it also melts very slowly. The temps have been in the high 40' to mid 50's, yet much of the course remains locked in a grip of ice.

My last play day was November 30.... I'm so far gone into withdrawals that I think I'm starting to hallucinate. :golf2:

It's frustrating. The weather is so beautiful, but the days aren't long enough to thaw the course very fast. Even though there isn't much snow, it also melts very slowly. The temps have been in the high 40' to mid 50's, yet much of the course remains locked in a grip of ice.

My last play day was November 30.... I'm so far gone into withdrawals that I think I'm starting to hallucinate. :golf2:

I hear ya Fourputt. We still have all our snow, 13 inches on the ground. A little melting occured yesterday, just enough to refreeze and make everything slick again. High today is 33 and then 29 tomorrow with more snow or drizzle, yuk. Thanksgiving was my last outting, I could scream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back