Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know Fourputt - I need to focus my prayers on the East Coast right now.

You're just getting what we've been enduring for the last week. And you didn't even get the 2 winter storms we had before that. My snow shovel and I are getting far to well acquainted this year, and it isn't even winter yet, officially. :violin:

You're just getting what we've been enduring for the last week. And you didn't even get the 2 winter storms we had before that. My snow shovel and I are getting far to well acquainted this year, and it isn't even winter yet, officially. :violin:

Ok - you win - I'll pray for you. I think Duey has gotten the worst of it so far though. Or maybe he just whines the loudest.

A rare occasion happened in Manitoba this year. Snow did not fall until Dec 5th. The courses closed a month and a half earlier than that. I could have been golfing until then.

The temperature in Ferenheit is now: -40 Degrees F.

No golfing :D

I guess I've just never fully developed the fine art of whine.

Nebraska got more snow from this last storm, but they didn't get what we did from the first 2. We had a total (in my driveway) of more than 24" in those first 2 storms, but only about 4" in this last one. But this one is melting slower (actually not melting at all so far) because it's so freeking cold. Today is the first day this week that the mercury will rise above freezing. (I'd put a smiley in here but there isn't an appropriate one for "freezing your butt off"). :confused2:

A rare occasion happened in Manitoba this year. Snow did not fall until Dec 5th. The courses closed a month and a half earlier than that. I could have been golfing until then.

I grew up in Minnesota and lived 9 years in Montana.... I know where you're coming from. I've seen -45..... hopefully never again.

Hopefully golfing, at the earliest, Sunday afternoon. Its raining and will have a good amount of rain tomorrow as well :(

Hey Smallville, no golfing today...although I am bored to tears because I can't golf, but I did end up going to Golfsmith to purchase some more overrun golf balls and a new umbrella :) haa haa

Maybe we can play in the rain? hmm.....

I'd say go for it! try out the new umbrella!

I guess I've just never fully developed the fine art of whine.

Some people might tell you I have.

Spoiler

Don't believe them.

If the golf course is closed due to rain or the grass being soaked, would the range be open so you could at least hit balls?

If the golf course is closed due to rain or the grass being soaked, would the range be open so you could at least hit balls?

Depends on the course. Ours is open all winter if the mats can be kept clear of snow, but if the snow hangs around too long then we run out of balls and have to wait for a thaw so we get out and pick the range. They call in anyone who's available to go out and hand pick when they can't use the motorized picker. I've been out there with the head pro picking up range balls. :D

Today was simply gorgeous. 74 degrees and sunny with a nice breeze. With all the rain we have been getting, it was so nice to have a day like this.

Today was simply gorgeous. 74 degrees and sunny with a nice breeze. With all the rain we have been getting, it was so nice to have a day like this.

I hate you.

That is serious cold temperatures you have there Dent!

Claire and Harry want to be smilie mimes too. Where is RussBogey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back