Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stanford RB should win it walking away. But he will not nor will he get very close in my opinion.

McCoy will probably get it. He or Tebow.

Didn't Tebow win it last year (or was that Sam Bradford?)? Poor guy, he's out and got injured in the same place, but they say he's the #1 draft pick :confused2:

Stanford RB should win it walking away. But he will not nor will he get very close in my opinion.

McCoy will probably get it. He or Tebow.

I agree 100%! That Stanford RB is a beast! And hes got the color of his skin thing working against him. Would be great to see him win. But I think it will end being McCoy.

I actually have no idea who that is, LOL!!

She was on the UCLA golf team until she graduated in May. She won the first round of LPGA Q-school, but then didn't do well in the final round (not sure why.) I (and just about everyone else) expected her to get her tour card at Q-School. But I'm sure she'll finish at the top of the money list in the Duramed Futures Tour and will earn her card for 2011 that way.

She's also hilarious:
tiff's blog: read, laugh, repeat.
http://twitter.com/tiffjoh

I :love: her SO much!
(but not in a creepy/stalker kinda way. just admiration. and a teenie-tiny crush)

I would be surprised if McCoy didn't win. Suh is a great player, he will be a lot of fun to watch for a long time.

I agree, probably going to be Bradford. There have been some great running backs that have not won in the past because they played for a team that wasn't highly ranked/regarded. These two come to my mind right away:

Iowa State had Troy Davis lose twice - and he was the first NCAA running back EVER to rush for 2,000 yards in two different seasons. Lost to Eddie George (Ohio State) in 1995 (5th in voting) and Danny Wuerffel in 1996 (2nd in voting).

University of Central Florida had Kevin Smith rush for 2,567 yards in 2007 to lead all NCAA running backs. He finished 8th overall in voting, with Tim Tebow taking home the trophy.

Keep in mind Osahar, that Kevin Smith's team played nobody and the team was awful that year he did that. And nobody should have won over Danny Wuerffel that year. His stats were absurd.

Keep in mind Osahar, that Kevin Smith's team played nobody and the team was awful that year he did that. And nobody should have won over Danny Wuerffel that year. His stats were absurd.

Actually, UCF was pretty good that year, JB. Won Conference USA, and finished #27 in the final polls that year. Not a great team, but respectable.

That is what I meant Osahar. They played virtually nobody and did not crack the top 25. Not going to get too many Heisman votes that way.

That's so sweet, Harry :)

Haa haa haa, She's a mother of 2 pet rocks, that's too funny!! Thanks for the introduction!!

She was on the UCLA golf team until she graduated in May. She won the first round of LPGA Q-school, but then didn't do well in the final round (not sure why.) I (and just about everyone else) expected her to get her tour card at Q-School. But I'm sure she'll finish at the top of the money list in the Duramed Futures Tour and will earn her card for 2011 that way.

She's also hilarious:
tiff's blog: read, laugh, repeat.
http://twitter.com/tiffjoh

I :love: her SO much!
(but not in a creepy/stalker kinda way. just admiration. and a teenie-tiny crush)

Sure Tebow and McCoy get all the attention, and Gerhart had big numbers and Ingram is on the #1 team ( at least right now) But Ndamukong
Suh is a freakin beast and I believe will be the best pro our of any of these guys. And wouldn't it be funny for a DT to win the award.

The best pro never wins the Heisman. Heck look back at the last 20 winners.

The best pro never wins the Heisman. Heck look back at the last 20 winners.

agreed, but Suh has been the most dominate football player this year. THe Heisman is supposed to go to the most outstanding player and it's clear that Suh is that. I think Gerhart and Ingram should get some love but it'll be McCoy or Tebow, quarterbacks are more glamorous.

I am not sure I agree that he has been the most dominant. He has been outstanding. But so has Toby and Colt and they played for better teams.

I am not sure I agree that he has been the most dominant. He has been outstanding. But so has Toby and Colt and they played for better teams.

you make a good point. Solely based on numbers, Toby should win it, but he won't b/c there simply hasn't been as much hype or press about him. And as far as Suh not being dominant, you must've missed the Big 12 championship game, b/c he pretty much gave Nebraska a chance to win it. McCoy looked average in that game. Ufortunately, the guy who I felt that should've been in the top 3 for candidate was CJ Spiller out of Clemson (and I despise Clemson)

He was dominant in that game.

He was dominant in that game.

The funny thing is that you are right. I just realized that that's the only game I've actually seen him play in (other than highlights). I guess that it's a pretty tight race this year and I really don't want to see Tebow win it. He's a good guy and a nice guy but he's a gator and gator nation has had plenty to celebrate in the past couple of years.

The part that gets me with Tebow is that he's really not that great of a quarterback. He's more of a running back that takes the snap. Horrible passer. Put him in the offensive set just about anywhere else, and he'd be sub-par.

What has made him great was that Urban Meyer changed their offensive system to work with Tebow's strengths and let him carry the ball. Because he would be terrible as a sit in the pocket and throw QB.

The part that gets me with Tebow is that he's really not that great of a quarterback. He's more of a running back that takes the snap. Horrible passer. Put him in the offensive set just about anywhere else, and he'd be sub-par.

What has made him great was that Urban Meyer changed their offensive system to work with Tebow's strengths and let him carry the ball. Because he would be terrible as a sit in the pocket and throw QB.

I really agree with you, but I also know that Tebow was heavily recruited by Alabama where he would've been an in the pocket QB. We never really got to see that part of him and ultimately will probably hurt his stock as a QB prospect in the NFL.

I really agree with you, but I also know that Tebow was heavily recruited by Alabama where he would've been an in the pocket QB. We never really got to see that part of him and ultimately will probably hurt his stock as a QB prospect in the NFL.

But that would mean that no option QB could ever win the Heisman either.

I dont think Tebow makes it in the NFL as a QB. Maybe a backup.

One more thing to note about that, is that he was one of the most sought after recruits in the country coming in. Many great teams have been led by QBs that were not great at passing. Vick, Tommy Frazier, etc...

Your letting your hatred for the Gators overcome the reality that this guy may in fact be the best college football player ever. Stats and record back it up.

Forget about the next level, that has little to do with college football and even less to do with the Heisman.

One more thing to note about that, is that he was one of the most sought after recruits in the country coming in. Many great teams have been led by QBs that were not great at passing. Vick, Tommy Frazier, etc...

Your letting your hatred for the Gators overcome the reality that this guy may in fact be the best college football player ever. Stats and record back it up.

Forget about the next level, that has little to do with college football and even less to do with the Heisman.

Youre dead on with that statement. Im not a huge Tebow fan or hater but you gotta hand it to him he was an amazing college football PLAYER not just a QB. And like you said, maybe the best ever. Look at his record as a starter.

Actually JB, I think you read a little too much into what I said. His accomplishments stand for themselves, and they are very impressive. He's an amazing competitor. I'd even agree that he may be one of the best college players ever based on those stats.

My comment was just comparing him to the typical QB that can throw the ball well and scramble when needed. Doesn't take away from what he is, which is an amazing option-style QB. And we all know that Heisman winners rarely seem to do well in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back