The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And a random happy, happy joy moment, Going to Kauai on sunday for my honeymoon :banana: :bananadance:

How dare you post a true HHJJ event to come in the middle of all this belly-rubbing? :stickbeat:

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials and honeymoon. I had my honeymoon in Hawaii 17 years ago. It was my wife's first visit to Hawaii (I lived on Oahu for 15 years). We had a blast. Have a great time!

Thanks Bonk.

Actually already married 6 months. For several reasons we put off the honeymoon til now. Looking like a good choice with -11 degrees at home last night vs 78 in Kauai :)

Last edited:
Thanks Bonk.

Actually already married 6 months. For several reasons we put off the honeymoon til now. Looking like a good choice with -11 degrees at home last night vs 78 in Kauai :)

Have a wonderful time!

I missed your post too - multi-tasking isn't my forte.

And a random happy, happy joy moment, Going to Kauai on sunday for my honeymoon :banana: :bananadance:

Congrats, Im jealous. Any golf while your there?

Thanks Bonk.

Hawaii hands down...there's no need to think that one through :D

Dunno about the golf, did a little research and not up for $200 rounds, any course recommendations?

Dunno about the golf, did a little research and not up for $200 rounds, any course recommendations?
No, Ive only played on Maui. If you want to save some money you could play twilight.

Bandit just jumped up on the sofa. Ten minutes later he jumped down. First time in almost a year. Not bad for a dog with two torn ACL's. We were shocked.

Bandit just jumped up on the sofa. Ten minutes later he jumped down. First time in almost a year. Not bad for a dog with two torn ACL's. We were shocked.

Yay, Bandit!

I've made a real dent in the present wrapping.

I leave for Texas later in the week.

I am so stoked to see my family. It's been a whole year since I've seen them, and mom always does Christmas really nice.

I leave for Texas later in the week.

I am so stoked to see my family. It's been a whole year since I've seen them, and mom always does Christmas really nice.

Enjoy the time with the family. I always love this time of year spending time with the family.

My own HHJJ. I'm going to be meeting a cousin sometime after the first of the year that I've never met before. She is my second cousin. Her mother was my grandfathers sister. We've never met and I got her name and address from my grandmother. I'm trying to get some family info. Its going to be fun.

The Kid has been writing an essay for school, comparing Martin Luther King to his own hero. Here's how it starts:
What is a hero? Is it someone in a jump suit and who wears their underwear the wrong way? Or do they have to have super strength and heat vision? No, being a hero comes from the heart. Just like Martin Luther King and my dad. They are intelligent, responsible, and perseverant.

I bet hubby feels on top of the world.

The Kid has been writing an essay for school, comparing Martin Luther King to his own hero. Here's how it starts:
What is a hero? Is it someone in a jump suit and who wears their underwear the wrong way? Or do they have to have super strength and heat vision? No, being a hero comes from the heart. Just like Martin Luther King and my dad. They are intelligent, responsible, and perseverant.

Very cool. Not trying to be funny or anything but can I get a definition on that last word. :confused2:

I bet hubby feels on top of the world.

I wonder if he's trying to get a couple nicer gifts than Boo from pops. :laughing:

I wonder if he's trying to get a couple nicer gifts than Boo from pops. :laughing:

Yeah - I wondered about the timing too.

Yeah - I wondered about the timing too.

I'm sure that pops is his hero though. It's hard for a young boy to not idolize their father.

Wow--even I hadn't thought of The Kid as that diabolical.

Except that I buy all the children's Christmas presents.

Hubby ought to be a lot more thrilled than he's shown so far.

Wow--even I hadn't thought of The Kid as that diabolical.

Except that I buy all the children's Christmas presents.

Hubby ought to be a lot more thrilled than he's shown so far.

Maybe the kid hasn't caught onto that just yet. Maybe that's why he chose dad.

Sounds like hubby might need a kick in the pants.

Going to Maid Rite for lunch. Been a couple years since I've been there. (They just opened one close - - - it's always been quite a drive to get to one from here, so I a ways had to be near one for some other reason)

I've always wanted a Maid Rite loose meat sandwich.

Kevin

Whenever I hear about loose meat sandwiches, I always think of Rosanne Barr's show.

I've always wanted a Maid Rite loose meat sandwich.

Kevin

Is a loose meat sandwich a Midwest thing? The only other time I've heard of it was when Roseanne opened a loose meat sandwich shop on the show. Places around here don't serve them.

Edit - Bonk is fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back