Cleveland CG7 BP Irons Review

Just checked out the process, pretty painless. I really like the look of the black pearl, they have to be the best looking irons out right now. I wish someone I knew would get them lol.

I should not have read this review b/c these irons look incredible and I will be giving them a shot over the weekend. The promotion is one of the best I have heard and if I needed new clubs these would be the ones. I am trying really hard to convince myself NOT to buy these. We will see if I can make it through the weekend.

I should not have read this review b/c these irons look incredible and I will be giving them a shot over the weekend. The promotion is one of the best I have heard and if I needed new clubs these would be the ones. I am trying really hard to convince myself NOT to buy these. We will see if I can make it through the weekend.

You know what they used to teach us in church when I was a kid? Stay out of places of temptation!! lol Thats why Im not going to GG to hit these.

These are some great clubs. I took them for a test drive today and now they're on order to show up at my doorstep sometime within the next week. Although the distance with these clubs don't compare to the Burners or R9's, the control I felt I had with these clubs is what made me give them a place in my bag.

I'll send post whatever comments I have about these things, but most of the courses around me are closed because of the snow, so it will be mostly simulator time until spring. :disapointed:

I finally decided on my first set of golf clubs and ordered the CG7 BP's. I had the fitting and ordered them a week ago.

I finally decided on my first set of golf clubs and ordered the CG7 BP's. I had the fitting and ordered them a week ago.

Congrats on your sticks.

They came in Monday and they look awesome.

Congrats- they are great looking and unique. Nothing is better than a new set of irons working out just right. Good luck with them.

Guys, are we sure the offer applies to the Black Pearl range of irons?

On the Cleveland website it lists the irons included in the offer but no sign of the CG7 BP or CG7 Tour BPs.

On the Cleveland website it lists the irons included in the offer but no sign of the CG7 BP or CG7 Tour BPs.

According to Cleveland just last week, they are included.

They are included in the deal and are listed on the website. I don't think they specifically mention the Black Pearl irons because they just consider them in the CG7 line.

Cleveland Irons Promotion

They are included in the deal and are listed on the website. I don't think they specifically mention the Black Pearl irons because they just consider them in the CG7 line.

Cleveland Irons Promotion

Well, Cleveland does write "everything" on that site, and the BP irons are pictured:

Cleveland Web Site said:
"Here’s the deal. If you purchase a set of in-line Cleveland Golf Irons (CG7
irons, CG7 Tour irons, Launcher Irons, HiBORE Xli irons, CG Tour irons or
Bloom Xli irons for women (really everything we make)) in 2009, you will be eligible to trade in your set for any of the new models of equal or lesser value *introduced from January 2010 to December 2011 at no charge."

What a great promotion! :thumb:

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on them once you get to hit them a bit.

I am as well. They are up there with some of my favorite GI irons this year.

I just couldnt resist the lure of free irons next year so I picked up a set of the CGB's. Might be a while before I can actually hit them outside but once I do I will report back my thoughts as well. visually these are the best looking irons Ive ever seen. Just beautiful to look at it. I was suprised to find a 3 irons in the set when I took them all out.

I'm looking to pull the trigger on a set of 4 thru PW, Watts is selling them in 7 club sets. I've seen the Black Pearl after a dozen rounds and they seem to age nicely. Good Luck with your sticks

Oh my god! Want want want!

Well, I received a package from Santa (UPS) today. I unwrapped my box of these things only to find the order was messed up. The shafts are wrong and I was missing the DW. I guess the DW is on back-order and the shaft problem was a flub with Cleveland. My shop is taking care of it all for me, but I have to make another trip back to my shop. Ugh... I hope all this running around is worth it. I guess it's a good thing that golf season won't start for a few months.

Sorry to hear about that. Perhaps they will throw in a free Niblick or CG15.

ANy updates on those that picked these up? How are they performing?

Re:Cleveland CG7 BP Irons Review

I'm still waiting to switch the wrong delivered set with the proper one, then off to the simulator.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I have my choice narrowed down between the Nike VR full cavity and the Cleveland CG7 BP. I went in wanting the CG7 BP's but I tried the Nike's because of the review JB did on them last year. I never thought I would like Nike irons but they feel great and were very forgiving which has now made my decision very tough. Need some input.....in course testing, which did you find more forgiving? I have been hitting both clubs for the last month indoors (from Canada) and I keep coming back to the Nike's….it just feels better. I hope this will translate to real play outdoors. I look forward to everyone's comments.

Has anyone compared the CG7 to the VR Full Cavity?

I have reviewed both on the home page and like both quite a bit. I think the Clevelands look better to me, but that is a personal preference. You really cannot go wrong with either iron, but they do have very different feels.

Back