Optishot Infared Golf Simulator

SeeMoreGuy

They Make 'em. I Buy 'em.
Reaction score
Anyone tried this out? I tried it tonight and it is pretty cool. It is an infaredd golf simulator produced either by or in conjunction with Dancin' Dogg company. It set ups to a laptop and you can use your own club and either a soft ball, really ball or no ball at all. It will measure your seing speed, path ect and project it on the screen in the form of the ball traveling the cooresponding flight and distance. It will give you a read out of whether your club was closed or open.

You can play an actual round although putting did not seem that great. It cost $300 and to purchaed the recommended mat you have drop another 300 bucks....laptop not included. It does not give you the ball speed, launch angle or anything like that, but it looks like a nice upgrade from last years model.

We have a unit on the way to review Keith. I am intrigued by it slightly. At the same time nervous. The guys behind it are pretty cool guys and very nice. They tried to release it previously and it had issues so they brought it back for tweaking.

For my money, the cost will still be a detriment as costs of simulators come down.

did this item ever get reviewed? I just saw one today and it has definitely peaked my interest.

did this item ever get reviewed? I just saw one today and it has definitely peaked my interest.

Never came. Apparently the company said that they were having some minor issues and would send one out. We have inquired on 3 separate occasions and have no response.

bummer. It looks like a pretty good item. Seemed to work pretty well when I tried it in store as well.

I would really love for THP to review this. That would make my decision a lot easier. $400 isn't bad at all. That's what most spend on a new driver every year.

I would really love for THP to review this. That would make my decision a lot easier. $400 isn't bad at all. That's what most spend on a new driver every year.

Send in a request to teh company. That would be my best idea I can offer and perhaps they will send us a unit out and we can do a contest with it afterward.

This looks neat. How much is a good simulator now? I would love to know the price difference.

Our AccuSport VectorX retails for $3300.

Send in a request to teh company. That would be my best idea I can offer and perhaps they will send us a unit out and we can do a contest with it afterward.

I submitted a request asking them to submit one to you guys for review. Hopefully they'll have an extra one laying around. :)

OptiShot

OptiShot

Has anybody used this? I see it advertised on the Golf Channel and it looks pretty cool. The few reviews I've looked at are very positive. Just wondered what you guys thought about it.

I am also looking for some info./reviews on this one..

JB - any chance you could get a hand on this and review? I am wiling to volunteer to be a reviewer. There is indoor range near where I live and I can have this setup with some local pros and even check along with Trackman system whenever possible.

We have contacted the company and have not heard back.

bummer... Everytime I hear a company not answering back to people/organization well known, I do kinda wonder why they would not reply nor want reviews done *hhhmmmm, wink, wink*

bummer... Everytime I hear a company not answering back to people/organization well known, I do kinda wonder why they would not reply nor want reviews done *hhhmmmm, wink, wink*

It is a rarity, but it still does happen unfortunately.

Below is the response I received from OptiShot...

Morning Scott,

Thanks for your interest in OptiShot. I recommend letting thehackersparadise.com know that you are interested in seeing a review for OptiShot and we will be able to accommodate a request from them.

You can find what other media outlets are saying here: http://dancindogg.com/buzz?section=testimonials

Golf Smith, Amazon, TGW and other retailers also have several user reviews, aside from the testimonials on our site.

Hope this helps and please let me know as you have further questions.

Have a great day,

Morgan Makowski

Dancin' Dogg Golf
400 West Front Street
Traverse City, MI 49684

Direct - 231-421-2396

Connect - www.facebook.com/dancindogg

Below is the response I received from OptiShot...

Morning Scott,

Thanks for your interest in OptiShot. I recommend letting thehackersparadise.com know that you are interested in seeing a review for OptiShot and we will be able to accommodate a request from them.

You can find what other media outlets are saying here: http://dancindogg.com/buzz?section=testimonials

Golf Smith, Amazon, TGW and other retailers also have several user reviews, aside from the testimonials on our site.

Hope this helps and please let me know as you have further questions.

Have a great day,

Morgan Makowski

Dancin' Dogg Golf
400 West Front Street
Traverse City, MI 49684

Direct - 231-421-2396

Connect - www.facebook.com/dancindogg

I'd reply and tell them that thehackersparadise rules and is more trusted than the others. And that they have an opportunity to sell close to 20 of these things if they would just be man enough to have it properly tested.

Thanks Scott. I have to say, that I find this response a little odd. Being as though I have kind of left out many details on our dealings with them because I do not want to make a company look bad in any light. Its not my thing.

But let me give a brief timeline.

November of last year, we were contacted by Dancin Dogg about reviewing the unit and we agreed
December of last year - Still no unit so we contacted them and they said that they were having some issues
January - Still no unit and instead of them responding with any info, they could meet us at the show instead. We invite them to our THP Dinner and they accept and say "we are excited to sit down with you, thanks for the invite.
January - Still no unit, they no-show our dinner with no response.
Feb - Still no unit, we reach out to them and get no response.
March - Still no unit, we reach out to them and get no response.
May - Still no unit, we reach out to them and get a response asking questions about our review process and then explaining that the cost of the unit prohibits reviews being done.

Still not sure why this company REACHED OUT TO US, in the first place, but you live and learn.

So at that point, we leave the matter alone. We urge people that if they would like a 100% unbiased review, please contact any company, we have testers ready and willing to review anything.

We hope it works as advertised, and that people get a lot of good use from it. I will go on record and say that I would not jump on retailer reviews based on guerilla marketing that is done, but that is just me.

Thanks for the reply JB. It's nice to know the story behind it all. They're lack of commitment to their own word will keep me from purchasing one of these units.

I never take retailers' reviews to heart. It truly is a shame that they're all in bed together. I have come to love the unbiased reviews here at THP. You guys keep up the great work!!!

Sounds to me like honest reviews weren't their kind of style. Weird.

Way to take the high road though.

We try to always do that.

I also want to point out that I really hope this device is as good as we have been seeing in those reviews. Because it could be a great thing for consumers.

We try to always do that.

I also want to point out that I really hope this device is as good as we have been seeing in those reviews. Because it could be a great thing for consumers.

A couple more questions from thpers could prove how much we trust the fine folks at thp for real reviews.

Back