Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those guys also had much stronger and larger legs. MJD, Sproles, etc...There are still tiny guys in the NFL.

Those guys also had much stronger and larger legs.

Yep, that's it. That's what I was trying to figure out.

This Dion Lewis kid (Pitt) is amazing.

At 5'8"/195, I wonder if he's big enough to make it in the NFL.

If that kid can increase his size just a little bit, he is going to be a good one. Atleast as a 3rd down back. Runs between the tackles, gets low, and is a North South runner.

Nice comeback by Cincy, but it looks like that is the end of 1 of the smaller unbeatens. Still time left, but they cannot stop Lewis. If they do, it will turn out to be a great comeback.

Last edited:
Cincy ties it up with 5 minutes to go. Great game and great comeback. There is virtually no defense being played at all by either team, but a great game to watch nonetheless.

Cincy made a great come back victory. Great game and great comeback.

Missed XP was the deciding factor.

We all hate the BCS, that is for sure. But this year we get a treat. We get 1-2 today. Then if Texas wins, we get 1-2 again for the title.

Alabama looks very good right now. 10-0 in the 1st quarter.

Alabama looks very good right now. 10-0 in the 1st quarter.

I tuned into this for the second half. Alabama is shoving it down Florida's throat. For Christmas, I'm asking Santa to send the Alabama running back to Green Bay for next season. He is TOUGH. I haven't seen him play before.

Kevin

Yeah, he is a beast. I have to say, I am really enjoying watching the gators get beat. My wife on the other hand is not too happy.

Yeah, he is a beast. I have to say, I am really enjoying watching the gators get beat. My wife on the other hand is not too happy.

He might not like it, but I envision him slamming into the other team in December in Green Bay when it's about 10*. That kind of power and determination makes the other team cry uncle near the end of the game on days like that.

Kevin

He might not like it, but I envision him slamming into the other team in December in Green Bay when it's about 10*. That kind of power and determination makes the other team cry uncle near the end of the game on days like that.

Kevin

FSU had a fabulous FB that did not like either. But he ended up being pretty darn good up in GB for years.

FSU had a fabulous FB that did not like either. But he ended up being pretty darn good up in GB for years.

Tough guy. Not a lot of athleticism compared to some other backs, but a lot of heart. Had some great days in the mud and cold. Great screen pass back and a very good blocker. Nowhere near what this Ingram appears to be.

Kevin

Tough guy. Not a lot of athleticism compared to some other backs, but a lot of heart. Had some great days in the mud and cold. Great screen pass back and a very good blocker. Nowhere near what this Ingram appears to be.

Kevin

One of the best at the screen pass. (for those wondering, we are speaking about Edgar Bennett).

Ironically in college, he HATED playing in the cold.

One of the best at the screen pass. (for those wondering, we are speaking about Edgar Bennett).

Ironically in college, he HATED playing in the cold.

Then he came to GB and never left, aside from a year or two down the freeway to Chicago. I'm glad they have him on the sidelines. When the Packers were struggling a few games back it would have been great to have him catch a screen or pick up a blitz. It sometimes seems Grant can't catch the ball, and neither he nor the rest of them can chip a LB worth a darn.

But we're veering from college to pro. :D

Kevin

Finally! I couldn't watch the game - I was afraid I'd jinx it and have to suffer through another Florida win. They FINALLY play somebody with a really good team (I'm sorry, but LSU wasn't that good this year vs. seasons past) and folded!

It's a happy night in my household, as we love the sound of weeping Gator fans. Now, if Nebraska can just pull off the upset tonight it'll be interesting to see the final rankings!

Huskers off to a good start. Defense should keep them in it. Just a matter of their offense doing anything. They do have a great FG kicker though. 52 yarder with ease.

Texas is looking really sloppy. I was worried about this.

I think you are going to be okay Harry. Nebraska D came out hot.

I think I almost just shat myself.

I don't think I am going to be able to sleep tonight without a lot of help. An ugly win is better than a pretty loss.

I hate to say it, but I think the Nebraska Blackshirts are back.

Not that the Texas O-line didn't give them a lot of help. We better be more focused in January or we are going to get smeared all over the Rose Bowl.

HOOK 'EM!

what a very scary game...

pondering whether I should go to the national championship or not...

Horns don't look capable of beating the Crimson Tide with either the defense that showed up for A&M or this offense that showed up for Nebraska let alone both...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back