Sunice Weather Gear

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
Bump for PM readers.

These jackets look nice, what it the model name of these jackets?

thanks,

It's the mens and ladies tornado collection. Their 2010 line is now on their website as of yet but you can see all of their 2009 stuff and learn more about the company there as well.

It's the mens and ladies tornado collection. Their 2010 line is now on their website as of yet but you can see all of their 2009 stuff and learn more about the company there as well.

After reading the review, I did a little looking around for some of the SunIce gear. With the weather a little cooler this past week, I was looking for a windshirt or something similar and found some great deals at TGW.

Placed an order for this one last night (except in black/silver instead of white/black), can't wait for it to arrive to use the next cool/windy morning - or if it may be rainy!

cfli-platinumplaid.jpg

• Admin
That is nice looking Osahar.

TY sir. Without having seen the review, I probably wouldn't have looked at the SunIce gear at all. Went with the black so it holds up better vs. grass/dirt on the course.

• Admin
They are a top notch product and have been for a couple of years now.

Slight update. Heard back from TGW today, the Black/Silver was sold out so switched to the color in the picture I posted. Hopefully have it late this week or sometime next week.

The new jacket arrived last night. I haven't played with it on yet, but so far I'm very impressed with the fit and the way it moves with me. I think I may officially be a fan of their outerwear now - and I've been a die-hard Columbia fan for everything since about 1989 when I got my first Columbia ski jacket.

I am so glad you like it Osahar. Sunice makes a really great quality product. With the wind and cooler weather the past few days it's been the prefect weather for them.

Definitely. If I come up with a reason to leave home this weekend, I'll have it on to see how it performs in the wet weather. It's the Lundin model from the Typhoon collection, so should keep me dry.

There are some rain gear products out there that do wonders, and Sunice is one of them.

There are some rain gear products out there that do wonders, and Sunice is one of them.

They sound great, but my issue is with wet hands and rain on my face. I know I can buy rain gloves, but how do you keep rain off your face.

A hat with a larger brim and a towel.

Resuscitating a dinosaur here, but anybody have experience with the Sunice Burnham Windstopper soft shell? I've found a freakin killer deal on TGW, $260 jacket marked down to $109, but I'm so picky with soft shells, so wanted to hear an opinion if possible before I pull the trigger. Also if you have any feedback on sizing, that'd be great too - I've tried on a few other Sunice pieces, and Medium seemed the way to go, but not sure.

Resuscitating a dinosaur here, but anybody have experience with the Sunice Burnham Windstopper soft shell? I've found a freakin killer deal on TGW, $260 jacket marked down to $109, but I'm so picky with soft shells, so wanted to hear an opinion if possible before I pull the trigger. Also if you have any feedback on sizing, that'd be great too - I've tried on a few other Sunice pieces, and Medium seemed the way to go, but not sure.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=13923

I think this might help you.

I still wear it regularly, both for golf and casual wear. Best jacket ever imo. Only thing I'll say is that it's not a heavy-rain jacket.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=13923

I think this might help you.

I still wear it regularly, both for golf and casual wear. Best jacket ever imo. Only thing I'll say is that it's not a heavy-rain jacket.

Whoops, somehow missed that on the search, thanks for the redirect! The deal is ridiculous considering the MSRP on this thing, and after reading your thoughts I'm sold. I'm usually between a S and a M, so it sounds like I should go M here. Don't need a heavy rain jacket, I have a North Face shell for that, but does it do well in lighter rain?

Whoops, somehow missed that on the search, thanks for the redirect! The deal is ridiculous considering the MSRP on this thing, and after reading your thoughts I'm sold. I'm usually between a S and a M, so it sounds like I should go M here. Don't need a heavy rain jacket, I have a North Face shell for that, but does it do well in lighter rain?

I'd pick the larger size. You're right - that is a screaming deal. It's never got those little burrs or any tears and is great down to any temp I play golf in (with layering of course).

It was fine in lighter rain for me. Just nothing heavy or extended.

I'd pick the larger size. You're right - that is a screaming deal. It's never got those little burrs or any tears and is great down to any temp I play golf in (with layering of course).

It was fine in lighter rain for me. Just nothing heavy or extended.

Awesome. Good to hear about the burrs, that drives me crazy.

Sounds good, I always stuff the rainshell in the bag just in case so I should be good. May even end up wearing it for skiing on clear, warmer days, strikes me as being perfect for that use, especially since they make great ski clothes as well.

Thanks man!

Any time. Glad I saw the thread.

Back