Recycle Golf Balls

tander

Reaction score
Handicap
Since I only started playing this year, I buy recycled golf balls. I use Maxfli Noodle Long and Soft. I have tried new balls of all different brands and I really hit the Noodle better or as good as any new ball. I buy only the balls listed as mint and they are really good looking balls, they do look like new. Anybody else using recycled balls. I guess I am a little cheap but I don't feel too bad when I can't find my ball.

I get my balls from Knetgolf. I don't know if they are just cleaned or resurfaced but I have some new Noodles and the used balls are just as good but what do I know, I am new at this game of golf.

I would say that the great majority of the recycled balls out there will be fine. There might be a few bad apples, but you probably wouldn't know anyway. If it is cheaper for you and you can't tell the difference than keep getting them. When I started (20 years ago or so), the course I played would sell the balls that they fished out of the lake for 2/$1.00 or $10.00 for a dozen. I would always buy those since the majority of them would end up back in the lake or in one of the 7 holes that had OB.

I buy from Lost Golf Balls, and have had good experiences.

Presently I'm playing the B330-RX in a AAA grade, and so far they play great for me.

I would say that the great majority of the recycled balls out there will be fine. There might be a few bad apples, but you probably wouldn't know anyway. If it is cheaper for you and you can't tell the difference than keep getting them. When I started (20 years ago or so), the course I played would sell the balls that they fished out of the lake for 2/$1.00 or $10.00 for a dozen. I would always buy those since the majority of them would end up back in the lake or in one of the 7 holes that had OB.

Hmm, not a good deal, buying a dozen. I'd buy them two at a time, lol.

I buy from Lost Golf Balls, and have had good experiences.

Presently I'm playing the B330-RX in a AAA grade, and so far they play great for me.

I've used LostGolfballs.com in the past too. The "mint condition" balls I bought were really inexpensive and virtually identical in looks and playability (at least to this hack) to new balls. I think LGB sells on eBay too.

This has been my first year as well. I ordered balls from Knetgolf and have been pleased with them. I plan to start using some new balls next year if for no other reason than to see if I notice a difference.

I got 3 dozen mint Bridgestone e6+ balls a couple of weeks ago for $40 shipped. I have played 2 rounds with them and I can't tell any difference from new.

There's a guy at our course that sells used balls over his fence next to the fairway. He says he spins them on a ball spinner then putts with them to on his carpet see if the ball rolls true. If the ball's spin line wobbles to much, then the ball is out of balance, and/or out of round. Sounds like a good test to me for anyone purchasing recycled balls. He finds these balls while walking his dogs after hours on the golf course. Most of them come out the various ponds that he fishes out while walking by.

Several months ago I tried to recycle several hundred golf balls on the driving range. I was told I could not do that because the balls were the wrong color. They were white, and not yellow srixons. I figured I was giving them a $0.10 ball to be used again, every time I hit one on their driving range. Now, months later their ball dispenser gives out every ball color imaginable. Most are recycled off the course, and they seem to have decent ball flights when I practice with them. I probably have 6 or 7 hundred more to get rid of, so maybe they have changed their rules. :clapp:

Recycled Golf balls

Recycled Golf balls

I have used recycled golf balls before and have never found a difference in flight or distance. I purchase mine from a small company just north of my hometown, but only pick up a dozen or so if I am in the area. The only main difference that I see is that the recycled golf balls cut easier than a bran new ball does. I usually only play Pro V1-x's. I recommend using recycled golf balls if you that is all you can afford, because the price difference is huge.

Back