Your Golf Season

• Never - I play year-round.

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • Hopefully never - I play until it snows.

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Soon - it's getting too cold.

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • It's already over for me.

Votes: 19 37.3%

• Total voters

Diane

Reaction score
I've noticed a few posts where people have said they have played their last round for the season. Is your season over? Or if you're in the North - will you continue to play unless there is snow? Or is it just too cold to play? If you're in the South, do you continue to play year-round? Or do you play more in the cooler weather? Or does everything remain status quo?

I voted for the 'Soon....' option.

I am getting better at extending my season, at either end, but I am not quite in the 'Hopefully....' category yet!

My mind has started to wander away from playing, and towards taking some indoor lessons and practice.... I need some serious changes, and they aren't happening fast enough while playing. I am getting puking sick of my unreliable "performance" off the tee.....

For the most part, I don't play from October - March. The weather has been good quite few times, but I still won't play. I am not a member anywhere and I don't like to pay to play when I know I won't get anything out of it. As soon as we get a great day to play, then it turns cold again and there isn't another great day for a month and I have to start all over. It just isn't worth it to me. I am certainly not going to pay to go out and freeze my butt off. I just don't care that much I guess.

If someone offers to pay for me, I have no problem with that. I'll go out and have fun and not worry about it.

Last Saturday was my last round. Could be golfing today but have other things going on. For me November golfing is a bonus. Should be back by mid April.

I play if the course is open. Played yesterday, lots of snow around still so no riding carts allowed. Even though it's a bit painful for me, I still walked 9 holes playing 2 balls. I carried my old stand bag, but only took 6 clubs.... 22° hybrid, 6I, 8I, PW, 56° wedge, and putter. Shot 45-39 with the 2 balls from my regular middle tees. :golf2:

Lost my last TM Penta TP in a snowbank. :angry: At least I didn't have to assess myself a penalty, as snow is casual water... free drop. :D

I play all year. If the temp is above 60 I'll play.

My season is over. I would go out and play if the weather wasn't too bad, but it is hard to find people to play with and this time of year I usually have other things going on. I didn't get to play in Oct as much as I usually do so I am a little bummed about that. I will be visiting my parents for the holidays and am hoping for the small possibility of decent weather. If there is any hope I will be bringing my clubs!

It's most likely about over. I'll continue to play if it's in the upper 40's as long as the winds are light and not from the north. Played the last two day's in the low 50's with a strong South wind most of the time and had a blast. My mother (79 years young) played 18 with us the first day and shot a 49, lol. She opted out the second day with 25 mph winds and 46* when we started.

I'd might try to make a southern trip this winter if the economy holds up.

My season is over. I would go out and play if the weather wasn't too bad, but it is hard to find people to play with and this time of year I usually have other things going on. I didn't get to play in Oct as much as I usually do so I am a little bummed about that. I will be visiting my parents for the holidays and am hoping for the small possibility of decent weather. If there is any hope I will be bringing my clubs!

I think you may have told us before, but where are your parents soxy?

I'm done, weather combined with surgery last Friday to repair a huge ventral hernia has put My clubs up for a while I think.

Well I started playing this past April but I plan on playing through winter. It really never gets real cold here is MS but when it is in the 40s or 50s with the wind blowing, it will be hard to get outside. Of course my golf course never closes.

I will continue to play as long as it isn't lightening, snowing or flat out too cold. I played my 39th round of the year on Friday and it was the worst weather conditions I personally have ever played in....44 degrees and 40mph sustained winds with 50mph gusts........really help me test my knock down shots.....had one that was 125yds from the pin and took a 5 iron to 12 feet.

Played my last round of the season this past week. It's time to clean the bag out and hope for a quick winter....

the last official day of my season was end of october.

winter golf doesnt count to handicap, so its all practice now until march next year.

the last official day of my season was end of october.

winter golf doesnt count to handicap, so its all practice now until march next year.

Same here, but we don't view it as practice, but rather just a fun round.

Most likely played my last rd yesterday, but you never know. There are still a few days in the uppoer 40's coming up & a couple of courses still open.

I'm done. It's into the dome for the daughter for thrice weekly practice sessions. I don't hit inside. Slamming into mats is hard on my back and hands.

Kevin

I last played Tuesday. This week looks iffy. Only a couple of places around here open when it's playable in the winter. Once the ground freezes I'm done. Otherwise I'm game if there's no snow on the ground.

I won't put my clubs away. But I imagine when school starts in January I will be forced to. Until then I will continue to play when the weather permits.

I play as long as the temp is above 40°, and no howling wind.

This morning I sat in my pajama pants and a t-shirt drinking coffee on the front porch, but by lunch it was in the mid 40's with a 25mph north wind. No golf. We moved a few hay bales, cussed at a game feeder (the legs are rusted on to it, and we need them off to recondition it) and loaded up to go home.

My golfing days are going to be hit and miss the next few months. Depends on when the warmer days happen to be.

Forecast is for mid 50's tomorrow... I'll be playing. Bad weather due mid week... that's wait and see. :confused2:

I plan to play next weekend - weather permitting. That's how it goes from now on - we decide the day before if we want to play.

I live in the north, but I play year round. Even when all of the courses have closed for the winter, Im still out at the driving range working on my swing.
To those of us who are from the upper midwest, there is no such thing as "too cold".

Back