The Movie Review Thread

We watched the Wrestler last night. Not too bad a movie. As far as acting it was good and a well done movie all together. But it was not a feel good movie at all and it was a little slow for my taste too.

I really enjoyed the wrestler. yeah it wasnt a feel good movie but was an extremely accurate portrayal of a life of an indy wrestler.

watched inglourious basterds the other night. not what I expected but it was classic tarantino.

watched funny people last night. was a bit long but I thought it was a great flick. nice to see sandler do a slightly more serious role

Watched "Blind Side" this afternoon. Great movie based on a true story. I was just switching through channels and which football team do I see playing? The Baltimore Ravens. They're talking about Michael Oher, and how he's now a movie star. That young man worked hard to get where he is, and owes it all to a loving family. :thumb:

Now Im a big fan of all of the Broken Lizard movies but the new one looks like it might be pretty bad. Hopefully they prove me wrong, Ill wait until it hits cable though.

[YOUTUBE]1Dfk40IaWnI[/YOUTUBE]

anyone see the new terminator? I thought it was wicked good.

We picked up Christmas Vacation today. We watch it every year but usually by now it's been on a channel we could record it with no commercials (and uncut). Haven't found that this year so we bought it. It's part of our Christmas tradition.

Watched "Blind Side" this afternoon. Great movie based on a true story. I was just switching through channels and which football team do I see playing? The Baltimore Ravens. They're talking about Michael Oher, and how he's now a movie star. That young man worked hard to get where he is, and owes it all to a loving family. :thumb:

So he is still playing football? Is it a book as well?

I love Netflix

I love Netflix

We've had Star Trek at home since it came out from Netflix. No late fees, got to love it!! But I've seen it twice already and will probably see it again when I have a few hours at a time to spare (most likely tomorrow since it'll be raining, so no golf) but its a great movie and probably one of THE BEST movies I've seen in a while and I'm not even a Trekkie, but its an awesome movie :good: :good:

We're wanting to see Star Trek too.

We're wanting to see Star Trek too.

Its great!! There's one jumpy scene though, the first time I saw it, I screamed and almost had a heart attack!! I'm a jumpy person to begin with anyways...

I watched "The Goods" the other day. It has a pretty stupid plot, but alot of the parts are actually really funny.

It's a great change from all the other movies you see nowadays.

I'd give it a 3.5/5

So he is still playing football? Is it a book as well?

Michael Oher is in his rookie season with the Ravens. The book based on his life by Michael Lewis is "The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game".

I watched "The Goods" the other day. It has a pretty stupid plot, but alot of the parts are actually really funny.

It's a great change from all the other movies you see nowadays.

I'd give it a 3.5/5

I thought it was pretty funny too.

The Hangover has to be one of the funniest movies I have seen recently.

Saw 2012 the other night :bad:
Spoiler
Barely escape in a car, barely escape on a plane, barely escape in a Winnebaggo, barely escape on a plane, barely escape on another plane, barely escape on a boat, the end....

anyone see the new terminator? I thought it was wicked good.

Yeah I thought it was pretty good. I'm fortunate enough to be able to watch it in Blu-Ray on my 46" LCD. I thought it definitely stood on its own, you don't need much back story to enjoy it. I didn't care for the Schwartzenegger references, "Come with me if you want to live...", "I'll be back" thought they were cheesy. You expect it from an Arnold movie, but like I said this one really stands alone... The only throwback I liked was the design of the terminators at the end. If you saw it you know what I mean and if you didn't I shouldn't have ruined it for ya...

The Blind Side is the movie for tonight!! I just got back from seeing New Moon (MY SECOND TIME)!!! Love the Twilight saga :beauty:

I got "Push" from Netflix the other night because the other movies in front of it were new releases with "Long Waits". (Grrrrr. Funny how that never seemed to matter when I was on the most expensive plan and I would get the new releases with "very long waits" on the first day they were available. But now that I'm on the 1 DVD plan, I still haven't gotten any of those.)

The story was a mess, but the premise was interesting, the acting was passable, and the cinematography was very interesting.

saw avatar in imax 3-d... the one word i would use to describe it... epic

Watched District 9 the other day, I enjoyed it quite a bit. My wife thought it was boring but then she isn't into sci-fi.

Tried to sit through G-Force but I failed after 10 minutes, even my wife turned it off after 30 minutes. Tired old gag of smart/talking animals can only be dragged out so far.

I heard its a long movie :confused2:

ima nerd at heart so the 3hrs sitting in those really nice recliners watching a sci-fi movie in 3-d didnt feel like it... and did i mention it was in imax?

ima nerd at heart so the 3hrs sitting in those really nice recliners watching a sci-fi movie in 3-d didnt feel like it... and did i mention it was in imax?

So in 3D and you got to wear those cool glasses and have things coming at you? hee hee :D

Took my kid to see it the other day - I agree you have to see this in 3d and better yet on an imax 3d if you can - it is worth it.

Tried to sit through G-Force but I failed after 10 minutes, even my wife turned it off after 30 minutes. Tired old gag of smart/talking animals can only be dragged out so far.

I heard the end was pretty crazy. I guess there is a Richard Gere cameo.

I heard the end was pretty crazy. I guess there is a Richard Gere cameo.

Dude. So wrong.
Yet so funny.

Benjamin Button. Really good.

Back