The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realized today that my two best golf friends are now two of my best real friends. They feel the same way about me.

I think that's normal Diane. The people I play golf with more than once in a while are some of my best friends.

I think that's normal Diane. The people I play golf with more than once in a while are some of my best friends.

We met in a golf league and for a long time just played or talked golf.

I've had a vartiation of that happen--where I woman I know, but not too well, turns out to be a golfer. We become friends over golf.

:joy:The Kid's football team just won the Superbowl! :joy:

Wow; he may even see the merit of playing the offensive line.

Congrats Kid! (You too, Claire!)

Way to go The Kid. You do know that o-linemen are generally the smartest players on the team.

Kevin

Congrats The Kid!

My HHJJ moment:

Last night I realized my refrigerator and freezer were not cooling. Crap. So I unplugged it, pulled it away from the wall, vacuumed the coils on the back and cleaned the floor underneath (ewwwwww!), turned it to the coldest settings, and plugged it back in. Then I hit it a couple of times.

It's cooling again. Go figure.

Harry, do you do windows?

Seeing The Blind Side seems to have helped. The Kid didn't like the anonymity of the O-line, but having a movie laud his position helped. He still wants to be able to use his hands.

:joy:The Kid's football team just won the Superbowl! :joy:

Wow; he may even see the merit of playing the offensive line.

Awesome, he can now shave the beard, or wipe it off.

Congrats The Kid!

Then I hit it a couple of times.

It's cooling again. Go figure.

The old Fonzie hit always works for me too. I do it with everything. AAAA

The Kid got a trophy and cupcakes. The whole team is getting sweatshirts, but they have to order them. No superbowl ring, though.

My brother is such a good guy.

Congrats to the Kid and his team on their win! My youngest has played OT for the past two years and loves it. The coach calls the O-line "his tanks". Next year it's high school football, and everything will just get better.

Congrats to the Kid and his team on their win! My youngest has played OT for the past two years and loves it. The coach calls the O-line "his tanks". Next year it's high school football, and everything will just get better.

Good for your son! The Kid just wishes the announcer would say his name sometime.

The seventh grade won their superbowl too; they had won the sixth grade superbowl next year. Hubby has already remarked that in five years, the high school team will be incredibly strong. (And don't think the coach isn't already scouting.)

Congrates to "The Kid". I bet he's flyin high. Did you tape some of the game so he can watch it all night?

Congrates to "The Kid". I bet he's flyin high. Did you tape some of the game so he can watch it all night?

I wish--I'm not even at home this weekend, so I didn't get to see it. :sad:

At least I'll have many, many years of football ahead of me to watch.

He'd have been really nervous if he knew you were taping him. Good for him on the win though!

Tomorrow is the last day of work for me for the week. :bananadance: The office will be closed Wednesday-Friday for the holiday. I'm glad I work for a great company like I do.

My day didn't start off very well this morning, but it got so much better.

I took off work a bit early yesterday and took my oldest out of school before his last class ("Team Sports") so he can take the test for his Driver's Permit. He passed with 90% and is now asking about putting our car keys on his keychain.

We'll probably let him drive my wife's car around the Costco parking lot on Thanksgiving. I may be posting in the Rant of the Day thread soon, lol.

Good luck with that bonk! Hope you have some sanity saved up for when you need it!

Thanks Smallie. It should be just fine though. My son is a good kid with a good head on his shoulders, responsible and pretty low-key. More like my wife than me, luckily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back