LPGA's strong finish.

soxngolf

back to the season
Reaction score
I think we can safely say that with all the controversy over the commissioner, losing so many tournaments for the 2010 season and the horrific numbers of the LPGA on TV we can all agree that this was one of the worst seasons ever for the LPGA.

However, I think they finished with a bang! I am impressed with the pick for the new commissioner after hearing his interview during the Championship and feel that he will make the changes needed to turn things around. Michelle Wie winning her first tournament was HUGE as I expect her to continue to improve and therefor continue to pull more people to the LPGA. I also think we have seen a strong group of new players emerging that I feel with provide the LPGA with a core group that people will become more familiar with and tune in to see every week.

All in all, I am optimistic about the future of the LPGA and that is not how I would have expected to feel if you asked me any time in the last 9 months.

I'm really hoping they pick up a few more events for the 2010 season.

I think they will. :D

It was a great finish to the year... with Michelle winning her first tournament and the Player of the Year coming down to bascially one shot. It should be a good 2k10 for them.

To me the win by Wie was what the year capped off with. She showed the world that she is THE draw of the LPGA and the future. The problem is, that right now, there are not enough tournies in the US next year. The other problem is the leaderboards are still filled with people that casual fans cannot identify with.

I hope they do better in the future, but the fact they can't even show the LPGA Tour Championship live or even when they show it tape delayed they skip holes to get it over with says all you need to know about womens golf in the US.

I hope they do better in the future, but the fact they can't even show the LPGA Tour Championship live or even when they show it tape delayed they skip holes to get it over with says all you need to know about womens golf in the US.

In their defense it was supposed to be live on Sunday, but because of all the rain delays it was impossible to do. They had to start play at 8 AM on Monday to get the final round completed, who would have watched then?

I'm really hoping they pick up a few more events for the 2010 season.

I think they will. :D

They just got the Shoprite back, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Specifically, I've got them crossed for some event that would replace (or better yet, reinstate) the HSBC Match Play event that had been played in two different locations in the New York metro area.

Back