Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GG gave me a recipe that I'm looking forward to making for Thanksgiving, but creamed corn only comes in a can. I went to two stores and I couldn't find any frozen creamed corn. Does anyone know if they make it? I did buy the canned cream corn in case I can't find frozen.

I've never heard of frozen creamed corn, but I Googled and there is a bunch of recipes for homemade creamed corn if you prefer not to use a can.

I've never heard of frozen creamed corn, but I Googled and there is a bunch of recipes for homemade creamed corn if you prefer not to use a can.

That's a thought. I got food poisoning from canned vegetables once and have been leery of using them since.

We used to get the Green Giant stuff when we were growing up.
0002000000114_500X500.jpg

Thanks Gasman - I'll check one more store tomorrow. I've never had creamed corn so I wasn't sure.

Last time you said that - you also said you weren't going to drink Tequila any more or was that Jager? Or did I dream that?
Wild Turkey, I dont drink tequilla or Jager, but it doesnt matter because Im never drinking again.

I sure hope

a) you had fun last night, and

b) you don't smell like you feel.
a) Yes, but im paying for it now.

Thanks Gasman - I'll check one more store tomorrow. I've never had creamed corn so I wasn't sure.

You dont know what your missing. Creamed Corn is one of my favorites when I go to a steak house.

You dont know what your missing. Creamed Corn is one of my favorites when I go to a steak house.

My father is Italian - creamed corn would never have been on the menu when I was growing up. I've never thought to order it out.

When I was in college, I saw a guy start his beard on fire doing a flaming shot of Wild Turkey. Pretty crazy for a few seconds until his buddy threw a beer in his face to put it out. The buddy system is a must when drinking flamers.

Kevin

My father is Italian - creamed corn would never have been on the menu when I was growing up. I've never thought to order it out.

The best I have found so far is from "The Palm", they have it as one of their specials seasonally. If you ever go there order it.

When I was in college, I saw a guy start his beard on fire doing a flaming shot of Wild Turkey. Pretty crazy for a few seconds until his buddy threw a beer in his face to put it out. The buddy system is a must when drinking flamers.

Kevin

Thats awesome on many levels. Good thing his buddy was looking out for him.

The best I have found so far is from "The Palm", they have it as one of their specials seasonally. If you ever go there order it.

I haven't been to The Palm in years. I will keep that in mind though.

Wild Turkey, I dont drink tequilla or Jager, but it doesnt matter because Im never drinking again.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I promised that in the morning and then had a little rum and coke right after work, only to start all over again.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I promised that in the morning and then had a little rum and coke right after work, only to start all over again.

That reminds me--I want to pour myself a glass of wine.

A little hair of the dog that bit you is a wonderful, albeit a dangerous, thing.

Kevin

A little hair of the dog that bit you is a wonderful, albeit a dangerous, thing.

Kevin
Its already too late, I had a couple of beers with dinner tonight. It did make me feel better though. Usually I make it 4 or 5 days until I have another drink.

Its already too late, I had a couple of beers with dinner tonight. It did make me feel better though. Usually I make it 4 or 5 days until I have another drink.

Coming from a family of Irish alcoholics, be sure you don't have a problem there, G-man.

SIL is trying to hijack Thanksgiving. I know her motives are pure and my life is crazy busy now, but I always, always do Thankgiving. It's planned, it's under control, it's easy. I don't need her swooping in and doing her Lady Bountiful routine to show how sympathetic to my needs she is. Hell, I've done Thanksgiving while ginormously pregnant, I've done it on crutches, I've done it while sick as a dog. I can do it this year too, without her helpful interference, thank you very much.

Coming from a family of Irish alcoholics, be sure you don't have a problem there, G-man.
Thanks for looking out Claire, im good though. I usually only have a few drinks on the weekends but when my old buddies come around trouble usually isnt too far behind.

You're an Irish gal? No wonder you're so much fun.

I'm doing Thanksgiving, too. Right now the inside of our house looks more like a bag room at a golf course than a Holiday gathering place, but we'll get her done.

Kevin

You're an Irish gal? No wonder you're so much fun.

Kevin

The Clare in my username is County Clare. What's not Irish is Hungarian, which makes for a pretty lugubrious drunk.

Edit: Thank you, kind sir.

Feeling better Gasman?

Let me guess - she slept through it.

No she was busy getting violated by a bulldog. She had enough by about midnight and just crashed on the couch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back