You know what's popular these days?

Well, God bless Hubby. He dropped The Kid and a football teammate off at Blind Side and then took Boo Girl to see New Moon. As in, sat through the thing with her. At least he had the sense to realize a nine year old girl doesn't belong in a movie theatre by herself. I can't wait to hear his take on this.

How'd your old man like New Moon? LOL.

My friend took his older daughter Friday. They had also gone to the first movie together so they're forming a tradition. He's divorced so it's a little different for him. I haven't heard how he liked the movie.

Jr. Lancer liked it overall, but apparently there's some tween consternation as the movie didn't end with the end of the second book, but rather just into the third book. Those Hollywood types have a lot of nerve.

Kevin

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would argue over the Edward vs. Jacob bit (all the Team Edward/Team Jacob stuff coming out).

I realize they've changed some things in the movies, but unless they make a HUGE change Bella marries Edward... :confused2:

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would argue over the Edward vs. Jacob bit (all the Team Edward/Team Jacob stuff coming out).

I realize they've changed some things in the movies, but unless they make a HUGE change Bella marries Edward... :confused2:

Guess I don't need to read the books or watch the movies now. Thanks Osahar.

Bah, that's a minor part of the story. How they get married and what happens AFTER the marriage is much better. The wedding barely makes a chapter of the book.

How'd your old man like New Moon? LOL.

Kevin

He allowed as how he was the only male in the theatre. Hubby tends to sleep through movies.

Bah, that's a minor part of the story. How they get married and what happens AFTER the marriage is much better. The wedding barely makes a chapter of the book.

LOL - That's such a guy response.

LOL - That's such a guy response.

It's true though lol. Wedding takes up 1 chapter of book 4 I think. The honeymoon and aftermath cover the rest of that book - lots of drama with that. :wink:

It's true though lol. Wedding takes up 1 chapter of book 4 I think. The honeymoon and aftermath cover the rest of that book - lots of drama with that. :wink:

No worries - I don't have any plans to read the books or see the movies. I do know you can't keep a secret now though.

I didn't realize it was a secret, actually. Seeing as the whole storyline has been out in print since August '08 and plastered all over the web. :disapointed:

I didn't realize it was a secret, actually. Seeing as the whole storyline has been out in print since August '08 and plastered all over the web. :disapointed:

Well - it's not a secret to teenage girls and you and Esox of course, but it is to me.

Like Diane, I pay no attention to this (though with Boo Girl, I should). I found out yesterday that these vampires sparkle in the daytime?

Geez--how do you kill them? Does a stake through the heart still work? Do crosses and garlic still ward them off?

Like Diane, I pay no attention to this (though with Boo Girl, I should). I found out yesterday that these vampires sparkle in the daytime?

Geez--how do you kill them? Does a stake through the heart still work? Do crosses and garlic still ward them off?

I refuse to be a part of anything vampire related if the vampires don't exploderate in sunlight.

I refuse to be a part of anything vampire related if the vampires don't exploderate in sunlight.

I thought they more curled up and died than exploded. Sparkling is definitely verboten, unless the sparkles are very small explosions or something.

See a Swedish movie called "Let the Right One In" (NOT for kids)

It will freak your sh** out.

See a Swedish movie called "Let the Right One In" (NOT for kids)

It will freak your sh** out.

Why? There is presumably a reason beyond that second sentence.

Crosses and garlic don't work, not sure about the stake. These vampires are not your typical vampires. They sparkle and smell good. Every thin about them is designed to draw you to them. To kill them, I believe you have to cut them into pieces and burn them.

At least that's what I've been told and learned in my multiple viewings of Twilight. I have not read the books.

Kevin

I'm not going to give away the plot of the movie!

You can at least give the general premise. To date, your movie recommendations have been okay but not out of the ballpark.

You can at least give the general premise. To date, your movie recommendations have been okay but not out of the ballpark.

You probably wouldn't like it. It's a horror/suspense type movie.

You probably wouldn't like it. It's a horror/suspense type movie.

You're right that I tend not to like horror movies, but because most of them are about effects or obvious efforts to scare the audience, rather than about plot. I don't like movies where you can see the director (or the actors) obviously doing their jobs.

You're right that I tend not to like horror movies, but because most of them are about effects or obvious efforts to scare the audience, rather than about plot. I don't like movies where you can see the director (or the actors) obviously doing their jobs.

This is the movie tagline from imdb: "Eli is 12 years old. She's been 12 for over 200 years and, she just moved in next door."

There are very few special effects.

This is the movie tagline from imdb: "Eli is 12 years old. She's been 12 for over 200 years and, she just moved in next door."

There are very few special effects.

Even without the vampireness (feel free to substitute a better term there), the idea of perpetual tween-ness is scary right there.

Spoiler
I do hope that comma got misplaced in translation and wasn't after, rather than before, the "and" in the original.

Even without the vampireness (feel free to substitute a better term there), the idea of perpetual tween-ness is scary right there.

Spoiler
I do hope that comma got misplaced in translation and wasn't after, rather than before, the "and" in the original.

Trust me, there is no "tweeness" in this movie.

Trust me, there is no "tweeness" in this movie.

And the comma mistake was on the web site. I hunted it down.

Sounds kinda interesting. I think the last Swedish movie I saw was My Life as a Dog, so this would be a rather different kind of critter.

A few opening weekend facts:
#1 opening-day box office ever -- $72.7M (US)
#2 opening-weekend box office ever -- $140.7M. #1 is Dark Knight @ $158.4M
About 80% female audience. (does that one surprise anyone?)

"Popular" indeed!

Back