The Mildly Amusing Thread

Do they come like this?

174440002_b0723e356a.jpg

No - I've never seen Hello Kitty Smarties, but they do come in a tube.

That reminds me. We were in Buy More today and I saw a Hello Kitty accessory kit for the DS:

hello-kitty-stylus-ds.jpg

At the restaurant we patronized tonight, they were advertising a "Tacky Holiday Sweater" Party next week. Some percentage off for anyone wearing a tacky holiday sweater, and a prize for the tackiest.

I thought it was a cute idea.

At the restaurant we patronized tonight, they were advertising a "Tacky Holiday Sweater" Party next week. Some percentage off for anyone wearing a tacky holiday sweater, and a prize for the tackiest.

I thought it was a cute idea.

It's much more fun to see which women wear the sweaters to holiday parties and think they look stylish. They're always the ones who also have the Christmas light bulb earrings.

It's much more fun to see which women wear the sweaters to holiday parties and think they look stylish. They're always the ones who also have the Christmas light bulb earrings.

Oh, some of it's fun. MIL gave me an enormous wool dirndl skirt from the Andover Shop (for people who think Brooks Brothers is too fashion forward). It's embroidered with holly leaves and berries, hits me at mid calf, and has so many tucks and pleats around the waist I can't help but look like I'm five months pregnant. She doesn't understand why I don't wear it all of December.

Oh, some of it's fun. MIL gave me an enormous wool dirndl skirt from the Andover Shop (for people who think Brooks Brothers is too fashion forward). It's embroidered with holly leaves and berries, hits me at mid calf, and has so many tucks and pleats around the waist I can't help but look like I'm five months pregnant. She doesn't understand why I don't wear it all of December.

You should use it as a tree skirt and then you can tell her you are using it for all of December.

Spoiler

You do know she gave it to you on purpose right?

I had a rich and somewhat eccentric Aunt that later in her life would come to Cheeseland for Christmas from Port Townsend, WA. She loved those Christmas type sweaters, not the bell and reindeer type, but colorful, tinsel type things, vary garish, and I bet they were made of expensive yarn. She'd have one for all the women. She and Mom would parade around all week in different sweaters collected over the years, and my sisters and Mrs. Esox would wear the new ones during the Christmas Eve gathering we have at our house.

During course of the evening, I would make it a point to say at least several times, "Nice sweater" or "Man, I really like that sweater".

My nieces, teenagers at the time, were always concerned they would reach the age where Aunt Helen would think they were ready for a sweater. They didn't get old enough in time, unfortunately.

It was fun to torture the girls a little bit, and for about seven or eight years, it wouldn't have been Christmas without those sweaters.

Kevin

You should use it as a tree skirt and then you can tell her you are using it for all of December.

Spoiler

You do know she gave it to you on purpose right?

We have the tree skirt with which Hubby grew up--real wool felt, and very moth-eaten. But we have to use it.

Of course she did it on purpose.

I had a rich and somewhat eccentric Aunt that later in her life would come to Cheeseland for Christmas from Port Townsend, WA. She loved those Christmas type sweaters, not the bell and reindeer type, but colorful, tinsel type things, vary garish, and I bet they were made of expensive yarn. She'd have one for all the women. She and Mom would parade around all week in different sweaters collected over the years, and my sisters and Mrs. Esox would wear the new ones during the Christmas Eve gathering we have at our house.

During course of the evening, I would make it a point to say at least several times, "Nice sweater" or "Man, I really like that sweater".

My nieces, teenagers at the time, were always concerned they would reach the age where Aunt Helen would think they were ready for a sweater. They didn't get old enough in time, unfortunately.

It was fun to torture the girls a little bit, and for about seven or eight years, it wouldn't have been Christmas without those sweaters.

Kevin

Whatever happened to the sweaters? For awhile, there was a spate of female-only parties in which all guests were to wear their most horrific bridesmaid's dresses.* Your family could do something similar with the sweaters--it sounds like there were enough to go around.

*A male friend of mine was once recruited to play piano at one of these. I suggested he go to a tux rental shop and find something hideous. He appeared in a lime green tux, complete with ruffled shirt with the ruffles edged in lime green. He was a total hit.

A friend of mine recently came home from CA for his 30th class reunion. He wore a powder blue, shiny disco suit. Pulled it off pretty well from what I understand.

Oh, more than likely the sweaters are hanging or packed somewhere, but she's been gone quite a while. My Mom had worn them on occasion over the years.

Kevin

Love sweaters on women.

Sweaters + skorts = heaven.

Love sweaters on women.

Sweaters + skorts = heaven.

Didn't you tell Dyna that you preferred naked when he said he preferred leaving more to his imagination? Wasn't it you who said you could have more fun with naked?

Are you women really going to make me explain that statement?

I'm pretty sure you knew exactly what I mean.

Or is it that you just want me to say it out loud? Should I talk slowly and in a soft, deep voice? Will that help?

Don't bother on my account. I usually just decide what I think you mean anyway.

Are you women really going to make me explain that statement?

I'm pretty sure you knew exactly what I mean.

Or is it that you just want me to say it out loud? Should I talk slowly and in a soft, deep voice? Will that help?

Ummm, yes.

"Internetiquette." Funny commercial during the game. The one lady likes the hairy guy pictures, the other doesn't.

Kevin

Boo Girl just handed me a little book she'd made, called "The Wonderful Mommy Book." I thought it was very sweet, until I read it (name changed to protect the guilty):

There once was a girl named Bella. She had a wonderful Mommy. Her Mommy bought her Uggs and let Bella get her ears pierced at any time she wanted. Bella had tons of jeans and had the iCarly video game for her D.S. She had many just like me dolls and had everything for her Felicity doll. She also had Mind Flex. Her mother took Bella to [tween heaven store] any time she wanted and her allowance was her age. Every day Bella could ride her bike to school because her Mom was always at home when she came back from school. Bella's mother also let Bella buy lunch any day Bella wanted. The end.

Harry, does the offer to take this child off my hands still stand? :devil:

I am on with Verizon Customer Service and the guy is working on his end re: a billing problem (i.e., no conversation because he is punching stuff into his computer.)

I think he thinks he hit the mute button because he is singing into the phone.

Oh wait, he just realized it and apologized.

Except, he's started singing again.

In.a.heartbeat.

You won't have to worry about audiobooks for that road trip. Just throw in the occasional "uh-huh" and "what happened next?" She'll just keep going for days.

You won't have to worry about audiobooks for that road trip. Just throw in the occasional "uh-huh" and "what happened next?" She'll just keep going for days.

deal .

Back