Suggestions in Fort Lauderdale

twizzlar

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi guys,

Just a quick question. I'm going to be taking a weekend vacation around the Fort Lauderdale, FL area during one of the first couple weeks of January. Just wanted some input on what public courses you would suggest for a newbie golf player. Thanks for any suggestions!

Wow, there is probably 50 courses in that area that are just great. Give me an idea of price range, type of course (difficulty, length, etc..) and I can have a short list for you tomorrow.

Price isn't really an issue. I'm a new golfer, only been playing for a couple months. So probably nothing too difficult. Water hazards are my enemy! I don't mind getting wet but I don't want to find myself in the drink on every other hole. I do however like longer courses. So definitely more par 5s then 3s.

Thanks for the help, JB.

I will look through my memory bank. Water on FL courses at most places is just about every hole. As for more par 5's than par 3's that really is not the norm. Most courses will have 4 of each of them. I will look for some regulation courses for you and see what I come up with.

Here are a few that are just great layouts. Keep in mind, that I have not played in this area in about 2 years, but everything I have heard is that all 3 of these are still as great or better than ever.

Just a beauty. Fabulous layout.
Jacaranda Golf Club - Plantation, Florida

One of the better deals around being around $50 I believe.
http://www.hillcrestgcc.com/index.php

I have not played this one, but a few friends love it and it is usually a bargain.
Carolina Golf Club

When looking for a couple of the websites and stumbled across this article. It is quite good and gives most of the same Info I would have.

Fort Lauderdale: Golf-Public courses in Fort Lauderdale - TripAdvisor

Thanks again, JB! I'll definately be heading to a couple of these courses.

Back