#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34019895/ns/us_news-weird_news/?gt1=43001

$40,000 left at holy site — for safekeeping
Woman wanted Virgin Mary to watch over her rare coin collection

updated 1:34 p.m. CT, Wed., Nov . 18, 2009
EMMITSBURG, Md. - Operators of a Catholic shrine in Maryland thought they had been blessed with a big donation this month when a worker found $40,000 worth of rare coins on the grounds.

But officials at Mount St. Mary's University said Wednesday that the bags of money had only been left at the National Shrine Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes for safekeeping. Shrine Director William Tronolone said the owner returned to retrieve them about a week later, on Nov. 16.

The unidentified owner told him she wanted the Blessed Virgin Mary to watch over her treasure while she was out of town. Tronolone says the school's security chief persuaded the woman to put the coins in her bank safe deposit box.

I'd like to think the owner truly had a lot of faith - not that she was crazy.

She's crazy.

Faith is a very strong thing for some people. You don't believe this woman could have that kind of faith - that the Virgin Mary would take care of her?

Faith is a very strong thing for some people. You don't believe this woman could have that kind of faith - that the Virgin Mary would take care of her?

I don't believe that a sane person would trust a statue of Virgin Mary to protect their money.

I don't believe that a sane person would trust a statue of Virgin Mary to protect their money.

MO - I think she was blinded by her faith.

A sane person would have faith that the Virgin Mary would give her the good sense to know when a bank is safer than in front of a statue.

The coins were there when she returned. It will only reinforce her faith.

Her faith maybe reinforced, but it doesn't take away the crazy.

I appreciate people with faith but I also appreciate people who are a bit crazy as well. I like this lady!

Plenty of people out there who would have no problem robbing a church, if they thought there was money there. Praise the Lord, but watch your wallet, I vote crazy.

I would trust Jesus with my money. I would have to interview the Virgin Mary first before reaching that level of trust.

Kevin

I would trust Jesus with my money. I would have to interview the Virgin Mary first before reaching that level of trust.

Kevin

69016.jpg

I think there are different types of "crazy" and the religious fanatics fall into a category all their own. This woman sounds like she's in that group - those with blind faith which makes them appear to have no rational thought.

I think there are different types of "crazy" and the religious fanatics fall into a category all their own. This woman sounds like she's in that group - those with blind faith which makes them appear to have no rational thought.

I agree

That's the title of a very funny book by American humorist Jean Shepherd. The movie A Christmas Story is based on it.

Kevin

I never knew that, it's my favorite Christmas movie of all time. Drives my wife crazy on Christmas Eve because I'll just turn it on and let it play all day.

Easy to read and funny as heck. The movie combines a bunch of events in the guy's life and combines them all at Christmas.

An all time great movie. The Dad is priceless. My Father was like him in a way, and he had friends like him, too.

Kevin

I never knew that, it's my favorite Christmas movie of all time. Drives my wife crazy on Christmas Eve because I'll just turn it on and let it play all day.

I love that movie too. My mom, wife, and sister all hate it.

draft_lens7438352module62049592photo_1255175951Leg_lamp.jpg

Back