• What is invisible?

Votes: 14 22.6%

• Total voters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We covered this once before, but with so many new faces, we wanted to address it one more time. Do you read forums as invisible? If so why?

Do people bother you if they see you on? As invisible, nobody can see that you are online, other than mods. Did you know mods could see you?

When invisible do you make posts?

I do every so often and yes, I know the mods can see me. If I decide to post - I switch to being visible.

I am usually invisible after a couple of Jagerbombs, bullet proof too. I don't post much at that point, standing up is hard enough let alone trying to type.

I don't see a point in being invisible unless your boss is also a member or something akin to that. Well, if there is a friend that will start talking to you if they see that you are online and you don't want that, I could see going invisible.

I don't use it on this forum.

I am always invisible when logged on. Not sure why just always have been. Usually I only log in a for a few minutes at a time and it is usually for admin related stuff.

If I'm logged in, I'm visible. The only time I am anonymous is if I'm on someone else's computer for some reason and don't plan to post, I might go through some posts. I clicked the "Remember Me" box so I am logged in automatically whenever I am on my desktop computer. I don't log in automatically on many sites on my laptop, but I do have it set to do so for this site.

I would have to say yes. I am usually invincible when logged on.

Kevin

I didnt know anything about being invisible and dont see the point.

cyberstalking is against the law! :D I just look at anything and everything I can read. Inquiring minds want to know.

I had to think about this to figure out what you were talking about. Invisible? How about "transparent"? So now that I have figured it out I can say this. I post when I want, and what I want. Could care less if folks disagree with my comments. Unless I am just screwing around, having fun, my post are always as accurate as I can make them. Other peoples' comment don't bother me much either way, unless they are way off base, and then it's PM, and not an open forum reply. I am always visible, and logged on when using THP.....as far as I know. :clapp:

I have the cookies stored on my laptop, desktop and phone, and I don't have my login setup as invisible so I'm visible whenever I'm on the THP forums. I guess I don't see the point in being "invisible", especially if one makes posts!

I am always invisible when logged on. Not sure why just always have been. Usually I only log in a for a few minutes at a time and it is usually for admin related stuff.

That's just so Smallie will leave you alone.

I'm always visible. I doubt anyone will be stalking me.

That's just so Smallie will leave you alone.

I'm always visible. I doubt anyone will be stalking me.

Except I just PM him whenever I have another bright idea! So that's not it!

Except I just PM him whenever I have another bright idea! So that's not it!

I send Hacker PMs that ask "Are you there?". I want to be sure I'm not talking to myself.

We may just close the comments on this one and just keep the poll up.

cyberstalking is against the law!

I prefer to think of it as a "virtual relationship."

The only time I go invisible is when I'm on at a ridiculous hour and I don't want anyone to know I can't sleep.

or when I used to drink tequila.

I think I am mostly invisible. If invisible means that I am looking through the forum and not signed on, then yea.

There are four people that use our home computer so I always sign off anything I am registered for. Long ago someone other than myself was on our computer and was on a website and I had left myself signed on. They made a comment as me that was completely out of line.

So since then, I just sign off when I am done. If I have something to contribute, I will sign on, but if I am just looking through new posts and reading different things I don't bother. I am not trying to be invisible, it just works out that way when I am on for a quick peek.

My work computer for some reason won't let me sign on anyway. I am on all the time at work and would be invisible. I usually just wait until I get home if I want to post something.

I think I am mostly invisible. If invisible means that I am looking through the forum and not signed on, then yea.

You can sign on and still be invisible and have all the features of being a member (like being able to post, among others). Viewing while not logged in is different.

I dont see the point to logging in as invisible. I am invisible on AIM because Ive had too many instances of annoying people wanting to have an IM chat with me.

NO but pretty but much seem invisable in this forum...

Back