THP Breaking News - Miyazaki Golf Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP should be testing these shafts out very soon, but I wanted to tell the world about them immediately. These could become one of the hottest shafts on the marketplace very soon. We look forward to testing them out before release and were told that they are on their way to us.

709507751_6eC59-XL.jpg

709507770_wmaPk-XL.jpg

Last edited:
  • Admin
Are they only for Cleveland Golf sponsored golfers?

No, but right now that is who is testing them. They are "involved" with the parent company though.

• Admin
Can I get one for my R9 460?

You sure can when they are out. But part of that would be up to Taylormade and finally releasing sleeves for consumers. But you can find the sleeves on ebay if you really need to.

JB-

I'm not familiar with these. What can you tells us about them?

• Admin
JB-

I'm not familiar with these. What can you tells us about them?

Not a lot yet. But here is what we do know. The PGA players are raving about it. They are working on launching in December. They will simplify things with shaft technology to help consumers I believe at least in understanding and fitting.

They are not cheap from what I have been told, but we should know a lot more in the next week or so.

Can't wait to see how they compare to some of the shafts you've loved in the past!

Can't wait to see how they compare to some of the shafts you've loved in the past!

Me Neither Osahar. We should have a lot of the specs early next week.

We will have these shafts in our hands for testing in the next two weeks and hopefully they live up to what we are hearing.

Everywhere else I read about these people keep saying that they were designed for 'faster swingers to prevent head twisting'. But looking at the pictures you posted, they look like they could be used for any type of golfer with there being 3 different specs for different shaft stiffness in different areas of the shaft.

or am i reading what i seen wrong?

I dont think so dust. Im with you, they look like they could be played by just about anybody.

Interesting. Looking forward to the review even though Ive never heard of them.

I dont know too much about shafts...just that some work better for my swing than others.

what makes these so special? im having a hard time reading the captions

I will put up some more pictures tomorrow that are a little more clear.

A few shafts arrived at our offices for testing today and we thought we would just keep this thread going. Here are some pictures of the unboxing.

A couple of things to say.
1. These are possibly the nicest looking shafts I have ever seen. Gorgeous in person and I hope the pictures portray some of it.
2. Did I mention they were gorgeous? hehe
3. The international flex code is intriguing to me and you can read more about that on their site. I look forward to testing these out.

712047647_i3dvf-L.jpg

712047616_Bqbq5-L-1.jpg

712047572_aCfRL-L-1.jpg

712047659_jfbft-L-1.jpg

712047596_WxabP-L-1.jpg

These things look sweet.. just curious, are they in the upper tier of shafts like the Motore F1 and the Aldila VooDoo for example?

Price wise, yes, I would say so. Performance wise, I have only tested it one day, and right now I would only put a couple of other shafts in this category. But that is for my swing and shafts are personal.

Ok, perfect. These hit stores in December you say?

That is what we are hearing and their website says so too.

Taylormade was kind enough to tip these two shafts for us for review in my R9. We already got the feedback based on the Cleveland DST and wanted to make sure we tried it in other drivers.

731091797_NjX6a-L.jpg

731091769_5nfxC-L.jpg

Each time we test these shafts, we like them more than the last time. THe feel that they offer is unlike a lot of the shafts we have tried, but can be tweaked to preference based on the flex code 1st number.

Back