Study: Pot may ease stress

I agree with you that prostitution should be legal, but I'm not sure how it would affect the NRA or the Pentagon.

Because it would go a long way towards breaking the Puritan box in which most of this country resides. See, my theory is that we are as violent as we are because of repressed sexuality.

Think about it: We have dozens of TV shows and countless movies that show us super slow-mo and highly graphic scenes of people being blown to bits complete with all of the gore and skull fragments we can digitize and the country at large offers a collective yawn. But show a naked female breast on national television for eight-tenths of a second and the entire country is outraged.

We have our priorities backward. That's why we hate France. They have the nerve to allow nudity in public places, they allow their kids to drink wine and they have socialized medicine and generally all live peaceful lives and live to ripe old ages. We lash out at them not because we hate them - but because we're jealous of them. We WANT to be more like them but our Puritan heritage won't allow it. So rather than admit these feelings, we just lash out at them, the world and at ourselves.

If we'd learn to stop acting like ten-year-old's a the mere mention of "pee pee parts" (eight-year-old's at the sight of them) we wouldn't be bottling up all that rage which inevitably manifests itself in either a war or someone shooting up a mall or their office and co-workers.

Freud would have a ball analyzing this country.

-JP

In the counties in Nevada where prostitution is legal, crime is still rampant. Bottom line; those folks out of work can't afford sex for hire, therefore they need to to find other things to do to release tension such burglary, shop lifting, murder, and even live stock molesting. The latter is usually blamed on alien encounters, since Area 51 is nearby. :rotfl:

In the counties in Nevada where prostitution is legal, crime is still rampant. Bottom line; those folks out of work can't afford sex for hire, therefore they need to to find other things to do to release tension such burglary, shop lifting, murder, and even live stock molesting. The latter is usually blamed on alien encounters, since Area 51 is nearby. :rotfl:

I wasn't thinking of crime in general when I said prostitution should be legal, but that makes sense.

If prostitution was legal - I think that would give the power back to the women who are sex workers rather than put it in the hands of men. Women would be entering a contract for sex themselves and would reap the profits rather than having a man control their actions and take their money.

Actually just making prostitution legal would not stop "pimps" from controlling these workers. The workers might retain more of their monies, but there would still be a person overseeing the business who would be sanctioned by some government agency for various other monetary reasons. Here's a little history; Prostitution in Nevada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is some thread. We have gone from pot, to beer, to prostitution. I bet all three of these issues take place on the golf course.............:clapp:

QUOTE=Diane;161911]I wasn't thinking of crime in general when I said prostitution should be legal, but that makes sense.

If prostitution was legal - I think that would give the power back to the women who are sex workers rather than put it in the hands of men. Women would be entering a contract for sex themselves and would reap the profits rather than having a man control their actions and take their money.[/QUOTE]

This is some thread. We have gone from pot, to beer, to prostitution. I bet all three of these issues take place on the golf course.............:clapp:

Funny how a post saying "What a stupid study" finds its own way and grows on its own! I love it.

You think one of the Smilies is doing something suggestive?

I read this quickly and thought you were asking if I thought Smallie was doing something suggestive.

Spoiler

Probably :bananadance:

I read this quickly and thought you were asking if I thought Smallie was doing something suggestive.

Spoiler

Probably :bananadance:

Not right then, but probably before too long!

No doubt it does ease stress. It also causes brain damage and is harmful to your lungs, so Id say the side effects are not worth smoking pot to relieve stress.

As I've always said, pot does something to your memory, but I forget what.

What?

That was my skull, im wasted.

Apparently not for anyone Gasman.

A very memorable scene in the movie.

My favorite though was the Phoebe Cates swimming pool scene.

People...a mind is a terrible thing to waste!

though sometimes it can be fun...

A joint and a beer with some good blues music...and some cupcakes for later...perfect.

A joint and a beer with some good blues music...and some cupcakes for later...perfect.

Some music, but maybe not the blues and the cupcakes would work for me - don't need or want the others.

How about some smokin' hot jazz, some merlot and some cupcakes then?

Back