Olive oil or vegetable oil work - you only need a little bit and then a soapy cloth to get the oil off.

A little hand lotion works on sticker residue too. Rub it a little and the sticky part comes right off

What about those stupid stickers that all over the club when you buy one retail? For the life of me I cant figure why they keep putting paper stickers on golf clubs that are hard to get off. What do you guys use to get all the sticky gunk off? I always take the stickers off that say the price for instance and they never come off clean.

Next time you are in the paint section at any hardware store or Home Depot or wherever grab a small can of naphtha. It is a solvent for 99.9% of the adhesives used on these things. I use this to clean the glue left on after peeling off stickers and labels on almost anything. A tiny bit on a rag will clean the gunk off a whole set of clubs though so be careful.

I soak my irons in Coca-Cola overnite 2-3 times a season, quick rinse and dry, presto, sniny new clubs!

OGB,
make sure that you have the proper finish that allows the coke to work. It will actually strip the finish right off a few finishes leaving them raw.

You'd better have a good finish, fully in tact if you use the Coke trick.

Coca Cola, Pepsi and many other popular soft drinks will dissolve a steel nail in about 24 hours if you leave it alone (high school chemistry experiment) It is rumored that Coke uses their product to degrease their trucks in the fleet wash area as well. It's an effective solvent solution.

Coca Cola, Pepsi and many other popular soft drinks will dissolve a steel nail in about 24 hours if you leave it alone (high school chemistry experiment) It is rumored that Coke uses their product to degrease their trucks in the fleet wash area as well. It's an effective solvent solution.

I have always used Coke to clean the car's battery terminals.

Me too. Scary that we drink that stuff. Jack and coke would help me right now!

I use dawn dish soap on the grips and the club heads with a scrub brush.

Phosphoric acid. Very bad for you inside, really only useful as a cleaning product. The carbonation is what works on the battery post, you can do the same with arm and hammer dissolved in a glass of water.

I was having gall bladder problems a few years ago and the doctor told me to stop drinking cokes - actually any carbonated drink - because of the carbonation not so much because of the phosphoric acid. Both are worse for you than the sugar in the drink.

i just use hot water and a couple of nice micrfibre cloths.
got one cloth for heads, and one for grips

My wife watched an info-mercial for one of those steam cleaners & found it to be difficult to use for household tasks. I use it to with the brush attachment to steam clean my clubs. May be overkill but they are as clean as a new whistle!

My wife watched an info-mercial for one of those steam cleaners & found it to be difficult to use for household tasks. I use it to with the brush attachment to steam clean my clubs. May be overkill but they are as clean as a new whistle!

If they get too hot the epoxy can fail leaving you with a club head that flies off after hitting the ball.

I haven't cleaned mine since the last time I played (last week of October). That's not normal, but I just took them out of the travel bags a week ago!

If they get too hot the epoxy can fail leaving you with a club head that flies off after hitting the ball.
I would think that youd have to REALLY go overboard cleaning your clubs with a steam cleaner for that to happen.

I would think that youd have to REALLY go overboard cleaning your clubs with a steam cleaner for that to happen.

Really? You can get a club head hot enough with a blow dryer to twist the head off. Steam is a lot hotter than that. Steam cleaning is overkill and totally unnecessary on a golf club.

Back