Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, there were a few losses for teams in the Top 25 yesterday. Oregon's blowout of USC should help them in the BCS. I'm still rooting for a Texas loss before the final rankings to see what the BCS does with that if Iowa/TCU/Boise State/Cincinnati all stay unbeaten.

Not surprised to see Texas take over the #2 spot. They played well and Alabama had a buy week coming off an ugly win. Buy weeks are always bad, just ask any Big 10 team that's highly ranked at the end of the year when they're not playing and everyone else still has a game or two left.

Buy weeks are always bad, just ask any Big 10 team that's highly ranked at the end of the year when they're not playing and everyone else still has a game or two left.

Part of that has to do with the fact that a Big 10 team has not been relevant in years. Every year they are ranked high and every year they get whacked in a bowl.

Part of that has to do with the fact that a Big 10 team has not been relevant in years. Every year they are ranked high and every year they get whacked in a bowl.

Oh, I don't disagree. But look at the year Florida won their first title against Ohio State. Michigan lost by 3 at Ohio State and stayed #2 - until the final week of the season when Florida passed them due to no games for Michigan in the final 2 weeks of the season.

Inactivity doesn't help you if the teams around you in the rankings are performing well when it comes to the polls.

Part of that is the Big 10's own fault. They still have no conference championship. Schedule one whether you have 11 teams or not.

BCS:

1 Florida 8-0
2 Texas 8-0
3 Alabama 8-0
4 Iowa 9-0
5 Cincinnati 8-0
6 TCU 8-0
7 Boise State 8-0
8 Oregon 7-1
9 LSU 7-1
10 Georgia Tech 8-1
11 Penn State 8-1
12 USC 6-2
13 Pittsburgh 7-1
14 Utah 7-1
15 Houston 7-1
16 Ohio State 7-2
17 Miami (FL) 6-2
18 Arizona 5-2
19 Oklahoma State 6-2
20 California 6-2
21 Wisconsin 6-2
22 Notre Dame 6-2
23 Virginia Tech 5-3
24 Oklahoma 5-3
25 South Florida 6-2

BCS:

1 Florida 8-0
2 Texas 8-0
3 Alabama 8-0
4 Iowa 9-0
5 Cincinnati 8-0
6 TCU 8-0
7 Boise State 8-0
8 Oregon 7-1
9 LSU 7-1
10 Georgia Tech 8-1
11 Penn State 8-1
12 USC 6-2
13 Pittsburgh 7-1
14 Utah 7-1
15 Houston 7-1
16 Ohio State 7-2
17 Miami (FL) 6-2
18 Arizona 5-2
19 Oklahoma State 6-2
20 California 6-2
21 Wisconsin 6-2
22 Notre Dame 6-2
23 Virginia Tech 5-3
24 Oklahoma 5-3
25 South Florida 6-2

Well, at least they managed to get the undefeated teams at the top before dropping in the 1 loss teams. Nice to see the Badgers crack the Top 25. Not sure that VA Tech & Oklahoma deserve rankings with 3 losses, but we'll see how it pans out.

Still shaping up to be an interesting finish to the rankings this year, depending on how Florida, Alabama, & Texas finish their seasons.

O.M.G.

[YOUTUBE]cISxU8Crulw[/YOUTUBE]

Unbelievable.

And what does Urban Meyer do? Sits him for one half . . . against the worst team in the SEC.

Booooo.

Where is the SEC and the NCAA on this one?

It may be the end of the line for Iowa. Losing with 2 minutes to go to Northwestern. Yes, I said that right, Northwestern. They have a shot though.

Iowa down. Today could be an interesting day. I can see a few things happening possibly. Like LSU beating Alabama and then Alabama beating UF. That makes a whole bunch of SEC teams with 1 loss and the BCS in a big mess. Most experts are saying that a 1 loss SEC team is still in the national championship if they win the SEC championship, but it would be hard to kick out the smaller schools this year if they are undefeated. Very interesting things could play out today and over the course of the next few weeks.

Standford up 31 to 14 over Oregon with 5 minutes left in the first half, proving once again that the PAC-10 isn't nearly as strong as people out here seem to think it is.

Navy up 21 to 7 over Notre Dame with 18 minutes left in the game, proving once again that Charlie Weis can suck it!

Pac 10 and Big 10 can enjoy their love fest each and every season. Then every year they are no where to be found.

Pac 10 and Big 10 can enjoy their love fest each and every season. Then every year they are no where to be found.

SEC is the toughest conference.

I would agree Mytime. I hate to agree, but I would have to. 3 top 10 teams and at one time this year they had 3 top 5 teams.

I just hate the BCS. Its garbage.

Kevin™;158654 said:
I just hate the BCS. Its garbage.

Yes it is.

Interesting day in college football. You had the big 3 all holding serve. We saw USC struggle again, so their talk is officially done.
We saw the Big 10 completely go away for the year (about time). If Ohio St. shows up in the top 10 I will have a stroke.
We saw Oklahoma lose and look terrible.

I will say that my team is not making it look pretty, but we are getting the job done..
Not in grand fashion, but the normal plodding Alabama way...
This was the game I was really worried about...Especially when we 0-4 against LSU at home....
Mcelroy needs to calm down as he overthrew at least 1 if not 2 easy TD's...

Still got MSU, Auburn and now our date with FL...

Tough way to end it up....

RTR

bama

Interesting day in college football. You had the big 3 all holding serve. We saw USC struggle again, so their talk is officially done.We saw the Big 10 completely go away for the year (about time). If Ohio St. shows up in the top 10 I will have a stroke.
We saw Oklahoma lose and look terrible.

I hope so. Even though Oregon lost to Stanford and will probably drop out of the top 10, I think they'll win their next three conference games and be Pac 10 champs and will be in the Rose Bowl. Hate to see them tie with USC for Pac 10 bragging rights, but I guess it wouldn't matter since they beat the Trojans head-to-head.

USC (which lost to Washington) is #9 in the BCS.

THE Ohio State (which lost to Purdue) is #11.

Arizona (which lost to Washington) is #17.

VATech (which lost to UNC) is #21.

(FYI, Washington is 3-6. Purdue is 4-6. UNC is 6-3, but hasn't played anyone with a decent team.)

USC being in the top 10 is one of the worst things I have seen in years. Ohio St being number 11 is close. It still comes down to moron voters making the decisions. Keep in mind that UNC was a preseason top 25 team and is really close to being in their now.

We can b*tch and moan about the rankings all day. We can sit here and say this team should be in front of that team, etc., etc. I'll let you in on a little secret...if won't change a darn thing. No one is ever going to listen. I figured out a few years ago that nobody cares if the system is good or not. It is what we have, so it is what it is. Sure I have my opinions, but they don't matter. Just let it go, no point in getting worked up over nothing. The Florida-Alabama winner will play Texas anyway, and the rest of the rankings don't matter. Plus, the only ranking that matters is the last one on December 6.

We can b*tch and moan about the rankings all day. We can sit here and say this team should be in front of that team, etc., etc. I'll let you in on a little secret...if won't change a darn thing. No one is ever going to listen. I figured out a few years ago that nobody cares if the system is good or not. It is what we have, so it is what it is. Sure I have my opinions, but they don't matter. Just let it go, no point in getting worked up over nothing. The Florida-Alabama winner will play Texas anyway, and the rest of the rankings don't matter. Plus, the only ranking that matters is the last one on December 6.

It is about debate and conversation. Nobody is bitching and moaning and losing over sleep over it. do you really think that we think we can change it? Of course not!!!!

Your assuming that all those teams win out by the way.

USC (which lost to Washington) is #9 in the BCS.

THE Ohio State (which lost to Purdue) is #11.

Arizona (which lost to Washington) is #17.

VATech (which lost to UNC) is #21.

(FYI, Washington is 3-6. Purdue is 4-6. UNC is 6-3, but hasn't played anyone with a decent team.)

You forgot that Oregon (which BEAT USC and has the same record) is #13. Their losses? Boise State (9-0, #6 BCS) and Stanford (6-3 #25 AP).

Another one of those "How the hell?" questions for the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back