ESPN's Steve Phillips Suspended

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
Normally I wouldn't bother with something this trivial these days, but this one has taken an interesting twist.

Steve Phillips, analyst for ESPN's Baseball Tonight (and former GM for the Mets), was suspended today for having an extramarital affair with a 22-year old intern named Brooke Hundley. Apparently, things got a little Fatal Attraction-y.

What makes this a little more intriguing is that the media seems to have all of the details (another story here), including a (G-Rated) photo of the two together, and a copy of the letter to Phillips' wife that Hundley left on the door of their home. Seems that Mrs. Phillips came home while Hundley was leaving the letter and, in her haste to get in her car and flee, Hundley crashed into a tree. The police were notified shortly thereafter. Oops.

Aside from the whole affair thing, I've always found Phillips a tad annoying when he does games, so I wouldn't mind seeing him absent from future broadcasting responsibilities.

Normally I wouldn't bother with something this trivial these days, but this one has taken an interesting twist.

Steve Phillips, analyst for ESPN's Baseball Tonight (and former GM for the Mets), was suspended today for having an extramarital affair with a 22-year old intern named Brooke Hundley. Apparently, things got a little Fatal Attraction-y.

What makes this a little more intriguing is that the media seems to have all of the details (another story here), including a (G-Rated) photo of the two together, and a copy of the letter to Phillips' wife that Hundley left on the door of their home. Seems that Mrs. Phillips came home while Hundley was leaving the letter and, in her haste to get in her car and flee, Hundley crashed into a tree. The police were notified shortly thereafter. Oops.

Aside from the whole affair thing, I've always found Phillips a tad annoying when he does games, so I wouldn't mind seeing him absent from future broadcasting responsibilities.

He has a big birthmark on his crotch! :beat-up:

I don't care about what Hundley did to Phillips, but she stepped way over the line when she tried to contact his son on Facebook.

I mean, c'mon dude . . . this didn't tip you off that something was amiss with this chick?:

brooke2155848--250x380.jpg

(More photos here: ESPN's Steve Phillips in foul affair )

Perhaps he was in a slump.

You baseball guys will get that.

And everyone else, forgive me for my meanness. :act-up:

I know I'm going to regret saying this, but I have no idea what that means.

Read the letter she wrote to his wife (that I linked in the first post.)

I have a feeling that a lot of married men are freaking out right now.

I have a feeling that a lot of married men are freaking out right now.

What movie/TV show had that line about Fatal Attraction? It was something like "Didn't you see Fatal Attraction?! …It scared the sh*t out of me. It scared the sh*t out of every man in America." :D

EDIT: Sleepless in Seattle.

What movie/TV show had that line about Fatal Attraction? It was something like "Didn't you see Fatal Attraction?! …It scared the sh*t out of me. It scared the sh*t out of every man in America." :D

EDIT: Sleepless in Seattle.

I'm going to regret saying this too, but why is it that men are always the ones who freak out when things like this happen. It's not only women who can be crazy you know.

This story is better than a movie.

Scary mostly because it makes you wonder about the state of mind of some people.

All I can say is WOW - He's crazy for having the affair and she nuts for contacting the family....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

You are absolutely right.

I stand corrected.

You are absolutely right, he is not free of fault. But this is twice recently we have seen a side of craziness over basically the exact same thing. Men lying and women going crazy.

First McNair's girlfriend went crazy and committed a tragic act. Then this one goes crazy and contacts family members. I do not condone either act by either men, but this one is out there.

And you also have Letterman with his sex scandal and the guy trying to extort him. People are dumb and crazy!

She looks like a dude.

And you also have Letterman with his sex scandal and the guy trying to extort him. People are dumb and crazy!

It just goes to show, nothing good comes from cheating. If you are going to do it just be an adult and leave the person you are with if you cannot stay faithful. This goes for both men and women.

It just goes to show, nothing good comes from cheating. If you are going to do it just be an adult and leave the person you are with if you cannot stay faithful. This goes for both men and women.

You are correct. I had a buddy ask me what I thought when a girl was making it obvious she was interested. I told him that even if he was careful and his wife never knew, he would. I asked him if it would be worth it to change his relationship with his wife forever because as soon as he did it, he would have to forever more be careful not to say something to give himself away. Since his wife was the one person on earth he was totally intimate with, she would sense the change in him and it would alter their relationship.

He decided it wasn't worth the risk.

Reading between the lines on that letter I got this. He's leaving me and now I'm going to try to make him miserable.

Reading between the lines on that letter I got this. He's leaving me and now I'm going to try to make him miserable.

I think that's part of it, but I also think she still wants him. It's very sad. She's young, thought she was in love and believed whatever he told her so she reacted badly hurting many people in the process. I think she and his wife and children will suffer more than he will in the long run.

Back