Anyone play with this club?

clg82

Banned
Reaction score
Well I have been looking into purchasing the Callaway FT-IQ driver. I have a horrendous slice when i'm not hitting the ball straight with my Diablo Driver, and I plan on getting fitted the beginning of december so i'm sure they will recommend something for me. But my question is is anyone using this driver, and has it helped with your slice at all? Thanks for any help ~Chris

I demo'd it and thought it was a fantastic club. The Fubuki shaft is top notch.

I think you will see in the review that we had a ton of personal use with it. 15 golfers to be exact. There did not seem to be a lot of forum members that used it, but quite a few used the FT-i. Similar driver with much different shaft this time around. Great club and TOP NOTCH shaft.

It is not an anti-slice driver. But it is setup and offset enough to help with a slice. However so is your Diablo quite a bit. If you are slicing the Diablo, you will most likely slice the FT-iq.

^^^ Ditto what JB said. Slice is a swing flaw. A square driver might mitigate it a little, but no driver is going to fully compensate. It might be a better deal to use the money to get some lessons.

Agreed Harry. The reason I say that, is because the Diablo seems to have a very similar ball flight and both are such good drivers.

I agree with the lessons. I used to have a driver with a closed face and after I played for a while and got a few lessons I learned how to swing the club without coming over and shutting the face down on the ball to hit it straight. There is a swing flaw causing your slice and once I got mine corrected I had to drop the closed face driver b/c I started hitting the ball left with it. Getting a lesson is the best money you can spend in golf without question. But make sure its someone recommended and not someone who just has you smash balls and tries to tell you everything is fine.

:confused2:Thanks for the replys guys! I won't waste my money on the driver then if you believe that the diablo is just about the same.......I have gotten a lot better with my slice recently. Maybe it's the "Golf for Dummies DVD" that helped me fix it :clapp:

I'd be willing to bet (because it is very common) that your slice is because of an "Over the Top" move. My first suggestion is still to find a pro you like and get some lessons, but if you are reluctant to do that, then try the tips at mytpi.com. You have to register (free), but once you do, the Over the Top section is here:
My TPI (Titleist Performance Institute) - Your Source for Golf Fitness, Exercises and Health

There are descriptions and drills. For other areas, look in the "The Swing" section.

Back