VanillaEps

Reaction score
Handicap
So, I’m a dummy and forgot my 7 iron at the range on Sunday night. I didn’t realize until last night, when I was rearranging the clubs in my bag and realized I had an extra divider open. When I started counting down the clubs, I realized that I had forgotten it. I quickly called the range and unfortunately they don’t have it…or at least they say they don’t have it.

A one month old Callaway X-22 7 iron is NOT going to be returned. I’m sure someone saw it and took it home. I hate to bring in a used x-22 into the bag, but it looks like I don’t have a choice.

Lesson learned: when you are done with a club at the range, ALWAYS place it back in your bag. Never leave it out.

I left my sand wedge on the course last year, then last Sunday my buddy left his on the last hole. You never realize it until a few days later. Yesterday he went to grab his SW on the 1st hole and realized it then he left it.

I am paranoid about this. I play a set of older model blades with graphite shafts that simply cannot be replaced. To top it off, I am left handed, so that makes it even more likely that I will never find a replacement.

I lost the 7 iron out of my previous set and it took me months of searching to find a replacement set. I couldn't find the individual iron, so I had to buy a whole set to get it. If I lose one with this set, it is over.

Ever since buying my new set, I ALWAYS make it a habbit of counting all of my clubs in the bag to make sure I have them. I can't recount how many balls i have cause I usually end up losing most of those :angry:

Ever since buying my new set, I ALWAYS make it a habbit of counting all of my clubs in the bag to make sure I have them. I can't recount how many balls i have cause I usually end up losing most of those :angry:

I bought stock in Bridgestone to help offset my lost balls. The more balls I lose, the more Bridgestone makes, the more my stock goes up. :D

Just another reason to go with a company that sells individual clubs, that will build them to individual specs. I have never lost a club. (knock on wood) I have left clubs on the green, and fortunately they were still there when I went back to pick them up. I did see a guy pick up my club, and put it in his bag. That was not a good thing, and I did get it back.

Losing a favorite club that can't be replaced would ruin my game for quite a while.

What I do now is when I/we pull the flag, I lay my club(s) on top of the flag pole. Very few folks will forget to replace the flag. I also have individual covers on all my clubs. If there is an extra cover laying in the basket, I better find a home for it. :clapp:

So, I’m a dummy and forgot my 7 iron at the range on Sunday night. I didn’t realize until last night, when I was rearranging the clubs in my bag and realized I had an extra divider open. When I started counting down the clubs, I realized that I had forgotten it. I quickly called the range and unfortunately they don’t have it…or at least they say they don’t have it.

A one month old Callaway X-22 7 iron is NOT going to be returned. I’m sure someone saw it and took it home. I hate to bring in a used x-22 into the bag, but it looks like I don’t have a choice.

Lesson learned: when you are done with a club at the range, ALWAYS place it back in your bag. Never leave it out.

Call them anyway. You may be surprised - there are a few decent people left in the world. Maybe you got lucky and one of them turned in your club. I'd go back there today too. Sometimes people on the phone are too "busy" (i.e., lazy) to do a thorough check. If the range offers free clubs to borrow, look through the bins. Someone may have thought it was a range club and just stuck it back in the bin.

I have bought from the Callaway Preowned site. The like new irons where, "like new". Not a mark on them and only 2 days from Texas to Nova Scotia.

I always make a habit of counting clubs about every third or fourth hole. Couple years ago I was playing and found a new Ping sand wedge guy had left behind at the base of the grip he had one of those labels with his phone number and address. Dropped the club off at the pro shop and called the number told the guy I had found his club and it was at the pro shop.

After seeing this I looked through a couple golf magazines and found an ad for the labels and order for all my clubs. I know it does not guarantee that someone that finds the club will call your number but it will make them think twice or if someone turns in a club to the pro shop at least they can locate the owner.

I have bought from the Callaway Preowned site. The like new irons where, "like new". Not a mark on them and only 2 days from Texas to Nova Scotia.

Preowned doesn't have any, but the Callaway site does. Costly gaffe - $90. :banghead:

Vanilla - I'm sorry to hear that. When I go to the range, I don't bring my bag - just a couple of clubs and place them so I'll fall over them if I don't pick them up. It works better for me that way.

Vanilla - I'm sorry to hear that. When I go to the range, I don't bring my bag - just a couple of clubs and place them so I'll fall over them if I don't pick them up. It works better for me that way.

I actually thought about doing that before I left the house. I thought about bringing my 7, 9, PW, and maybe a 56 degree wedge with me. But since I keep my glove, shoes, and the bag has pockets for my watch and phone, I figured I should bring the bag.

Next time, I am definitely taking the time to place each club back in the bag after its used and counting my clubs before leaving.

My faith in humanity has been restored. I went down to the range last night. On my way out, I ask the attendant if they had found a callaway 7 iron on Sunday night. The attendant goes into the back office, pulls out my club and says, "Is this it?"

I quickly tried to cancel my order on the replacement iron and am waiting to hear if the cancelation went through. However, I'm still left a bit puzzled as to why the individual I spoke on the phone with on Tuesday night had told me they didn't have it...

My faith in humanity has been restored. I went down to the range last night. On my way out, I ask the attendant if they had found a callaway 7 iron on Sunday night. The attendant goes into the back office, pulls out my club and says, "Is this it?"

I quickly tried to cancel my order on the replacement iron and am waiting to hear if the cancelation went through. However, I'm still left a bit puzzled as to why the individual I spoke on the phone with on Tuesday night had told me they didn't have it...

That great to hear you got your club back. I'd be a little upset if I lost one of my new clubs too. I've got labels on all of mine so I'm hoping that if I ever left one laying around someone would pick it up and call me.

Like Harry said someone was probably too busy to look and since it didn't jump out and bite them they didn't realize it was there.

Call them anyway. You may be surprised - there are a few decent people left in the world. Maybe you got lucky and one of them turned in your club. I'd go back there today too. Sometimes people on the phone are too "busy" (i.e., lazy) to do a thorough check. If the range offers free clubs to borrow, look through the bins. Someone may have thought it was a range club and just stuck it back in the bin.

See Harry's post above! Pretty good explanation. Glad you got your club back.

Back