Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok - so it's warmer there Gasman, but it's in the 60's here and foliage is almost at it's peak. It's beautiful out there - a picture perfect day with reds, golds, greens and blue sky. Right now - I wouldn't trade with you. I might in a few months though.

I bet it is Diane. I've always wanted to head up that direction this time of year. It's not looking like we will see the colors change here. The leaves are blowing off still green. :alien:

What is wrong with people?

I was driving down the highway this morning and it is raining, as it has been for over a week now, and I'm coming up on my exit. I'm in the center lane and when I put on my turn signal, the guy in the right lane floors it. This f*ktard in a huge Chevy Silverado extended cab with oversized tires and a canopy that no one living in Seattle could ever need (note to the Texans: streets in Seattle are not the same as in Texas. They are much smaller. Besides, this was obviously not a work truck) decides the whole right lane is his. But I've already moved into the lane (thus proving there was always enough room for me), so he keeps accelerating until he is right on my bumper (I drive a Subaru) and he starts honking and screaming and flipping me off. He then tailgates me off the exit and down the surface streets.

I was fuming. I was preparing to get my 8 iron out of my trunk at the next stop and let him have it if he did anything hinky. But he turned just before the stop. Probably for the best. In addition to going to jail, with the way I'm swinging lately I probably would have missed him to the left and hit some innocent bystander.

Anyway, I just don't understand people. Did it make him feel like more of a man to almost run over a much smaller vehicle? Is his wiener that tiny?

Awww, Poor Harry. I suppose the only good thing about a week's worth of rain is that you didn't risk the guy losing control on slick oil.

I've been in the PNW for 16 years now, and the worst drivers in the world are here. I see that kind of driver you just described Harry (I normally just step on the gas and dust those big trucks), as well as those drivers that merge onto the freeway by stopping at end of the on-ramp, put their signal on, and wait for a huge opening, backing up everyone else on the on-ramp behind them. Don't get me started with Oregon drivers!

What is wrong with people?

I was driving down the highway this morning and it is raining, as it has been for over a week now, and I'm coming up on my exit. I'm in the center lane and when I put on my turn signal, the guy in the right lane floors it. This f*ktard in a huge Chevy Silverado extended cab with oversized tires and a canopy that no one living in Seattle could ever need (note to the Texans: streets in Seattle are not the same as in Texas. They are much smaller. Besides, this was obviously not a work truck) decides the whole right lane is his. But I've already moved into the lane (thus proving there was always enough room for me), so he keeps accelerating until he is right on my bumper (I drive a Subaru) and he starts honking and screaming and flipping me off. He then tailgates me off the exit and down the surface streets.

I was fuming. I was preparing to get my 8 iron out of my trunk at the next stop and let him have it if he did anything hinky. But he turned just before the stop. Probably for the best. In addition to going to jail, with the way I'm swinging lately I probably would have missed him to the left and hit some innocent bystander.

Anyway, I just don't understand people. Did it make him feel like more of a man to almost run over a much smaller vehicle? Is his wiener that tiny?

My wife calls those "penile substitute vehicles"...

Sorry to all the other guys who drive 4WD like me, but I actually need it for work.

My wife calls those "penile substitute vehicles"...

Sorry to all the other guys who drive 4WD like me, but I actually need it for work.

I always wondered about why people call fast cars penis substitutes, then I saw a middle-aged guy driving a Mclaren Mercedes SLR. He pulled into a petrol station right in front of me. Looking at him sitting there with this enormous long bonnet poking out in front of him, the penny dropped.

I always wondered about why people call fast cars penis substitutes, then I saw a middle-aged guy driving a Mclaren Mercedes SLR. He pulled into a petrol station right in front of me. Looking at him sitting there with this enormous long bonnet poking out in front of him, the penny dropped.

I think C-Tech meant that large 4WD vehicles are substitutes, not fast cars.

I think C-Tech meant that large 4WD vehicles are substitutes, not fast cars.

Actually, my wife also calls sports cars the same thing, along with cigarette boats. She has a poor opinion of men in general. Fortunately, that does not extend to me. :D

I think the most phallic are the Jaguar XJ's from the late 80s/early 90s. I really wonder about who kind of man drives a Miata and I'm on the fence about men driving Mini Coopers.

The funny thing is, my Subaru is 4WD (AWD, technically) and has as good or better ground clearance than most SUVs.

The funny thing is, my Subaru is 4WD (AWD, technically) and has as good or better ground clearance than most SUVs.

For what body part are you compensating?

One of my pleasures in the winter is counting the 4x4 vehicles in the ditch when the roads are snowy. For some reason some of these folks think their rubber is stickier than everyone else's on icy roads.

For what it's worth, I don't ever recall seeing a Subaru in the ditch.

For what body part are you compensating?

Not a darn thing. Do you really think a Subaru compensates for anything? It doesn't exactly scream chick-magnet. Hell, it doesn't even whisper it.

My point is that you don't need a big SUV to get 4WD and ground clearance.

Not a darn thing. Do you really think a Subaru compensates for anything? It doesn't exactly scream chick-magnet. Hell, it doesn't even whisper it.

Oh, c'mon--what hot babe wouldn't go for a station wagon full of loose golf balls?

I figured it was to make up for your cartilage-free knees.

Oh, c'mon--what hot babe wouldn't go for a station wagon full of loose golf balls?

I figured it was to make up for your cartilage-free knees.

My balls are quite secure now, thank you.

Now Harry, the Subaru is a form of chick magnet if you believe one of their key sales demographics - but not much help for you unfortunately unless you have a sex change.

Personally, that stat always surprised me. I always liked the Subaru line, especially the fact that they all have AWD.

It's a snowmobile with wheels. That's why I bought it. Had a 4WD SUV before it and there is no comparison. The Subie handles so much better in weather. Even with the sub-par stock tires.

Oh, yeah. I know about the demographic, and it's true. Not sure why. Skiers and lesbians. Go figure.

You're making me miss my LX450 (just a Toyota Landcruiser with more leather). Full time 4WD, solid axles, and front, rear and center locking differentials. That thing would go anywhere.

Gotta love the law of unintended consequences.

In an effort to instill a little responsibility in them, I told my kids that if they don't unpack their lunchboxes in the evening, I won't pack their lunchboxes in the morning. I figured someone would realize s/he was lunchless on the way out the door in the morning, and that would get the point across.

Instead, The Kid took it upon himself to pack his own lunch today. He had: bagels, chips, cookies, pop-tarts, and a soda. :banghead:

Smart kid. My mother used to pack a peanut butter & fluff sandwich, a ring ding and a bag of chips for me. She also gave me money for ice cream. She figured this way I'd eat it and she could force me to eat nutritional meals at breakfast and dinner.

It seems we have flying squirrels in the house, in the ceiling between the second and third floors and in the walls around the master bedroom.

It also seems that getting rid of them will cost us $1,177.

Ugh.

It seems we have flying squirrels in the house, in the ceiling between the second and third floors and in the walls around the master bedroom.

It also seems that getting rid of them will cost us $1,177.

Ugh.

That's a payment you have to love making. This summer we had water start seeping out of the hill next to our driveway. Leak in the water lateral to the house. $3K and two big holes in the yard. That was money with which I enjoyed parting.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back