Votes: 5 13.9%
  • No

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • Haven't decided/Don't know

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

Diane

Reaction score
Do you plan to or have you already gotten a swine flu vaccine? I go back and forth on it, but am leaning towards not getting one.

I'm not planning on getting the Swine flu vaccine, but will get the seasonal flu vaccine later this week.

I think I may have already had the Swine flu. I came down with flu-like symptoms the week before last, with a 103* fever (for 2 days), chills and coughing. None of the typical aches associated with seasonal flu. I didn't make it to a doctor's though, but I did see one a week after the symptoms subsided. When I described the symptoms I had, he said it was probably swine flu. I probably got it from my wife or oldest son, as they had similar symptoms. I wonder if it's like the seasonal flu - once you've had a particular strain, you're not susceptible to it again.

Although my family doctor has received her shots, she has advised me not to get one, unless I want one. I have never taken a preventive flu shot before, and I have not had the flu in over 35+ years. So, most likely I won't. Now that being said, due to a couple weeks of visiting family members, and friends who wound up in ERs, and hospitals I might re-think that decision.:confused2:

No. I get the regular flu shot, but I won't be getting this one.

I get the seasonal flu shot every year EXCEPT for one year when it was in short supply. That was the year I got the flu and was laid up in bed for days. Not fun.

So, two reasons I'm planning to get the swine flu shot--assuming I don't get the flu beforehand: :sick:
First, so I don't get it, and second, less chance of me passing it on, especially to my kids.

BTW, I'm not one to get ill often. I've only used one sick day in the last two years due to actual sickness.

I don't like flu shots and I have not had one in years. I had the flu for 3 days last year. College will give one a great immune system.

i don't intend on getting it, but i am sure that i will have to get one from the army once i get back home.

personally i'd rather save mine for someone who needs it. at the same time i understand the rationale in me getting it.

I don't like flu shots and I have not had one in years. I had the flu for 3 days last year. College will give one a great immune system.

Perhaps. I don't remember getting very sick in college, and I dormed. Of course, that was in sunny Hawaii, not cold and rainy Oregon.

If college does strengthen your immune system, I'm proof that it's short-lived.

I have some family members who are working very closely with the FDA, State Dept., etc and I will be getting the shot when available at their recommendation. I don't usually get the flu shots, but they are pretty adamant I should get this shot when it comes out. I don't get sick very often, but when I do get sick, it usually ends up being pretty bad.

So, two reasons I'm planning to get the swine flu shot--assuming I don't get the flu beforehand: :sick:
First, so I don't get it, and second, less chance of me passing it on, especially to my kids.
Something that boostdgli said made me realize my kids will get the vaccine well before I ever do, so no worry of giving it to them. I probably won't get it until it's readily available and at that point it'll be mainly to not pass it on to those you afraid of needles. :tongue:

Perhaps. I don't remember getting very sick in college, and I dormed. Of course, that was in sunny Hawaii, not cold and rainy Oregon.

If college does strengthen your immune system, I'm proof that it's short-lived.

Yeah, I dormed it as well and I got sick every year when I first moved in. I still get sick, but I don't stay sick very long. I am only 2 years out of school, so I hope it stays that way.

I always wash my hands when I get home, but now I carry a little bottle of Purell in my car and another one in my purse. I even use the wipes at the grocery store to wipe the handles of the cart/basket. I never thought I'd be like this, but I am.

I had what was likely Swine Flu over Labor Day, and I still have the residual cough. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Get the vaccine.

I will not be getting the swine flu or regular flu shot. One of the only times I got the flu was when I got the flu shot, I was so sick. I will take my chances.

Got my seasonal flu shot couple weeks ago do not plan on getting the H1N1 shot, also I'm not in the age group that they are advising people to get the shots here in AL.

Every single time I get a vaccine I get sick! I got flu shots for about 3 years in a row in college and every time I got sick a day to two after. I am not a fan so I will be avoiding it.

Wasn't planning on it. Right now my wife has some form of flu bug, Dr told her to stay home as she is contagious. I have been avoiding her for the last few days, separate bedrooms, etc. But I don't think it's going to matter, pretty sure I will get nailed.:bad:

I'm getting the seasonal vaccine next week.

I'm more worried about my little ones, really. Between the two different vaccines, not being able to be vaccinated within a certain timeframe of each other, and different availability schedules, it's very difficult to figure out WTF to do.

(should I have put this in the Rant thread instead? sorry)

I wont be getting the swine flu vaccine because Ive already gotten swine flu.
I caught it about a month ago and it put me down like no cold or flu ever has.

I have been advised that it is not appropriate for me since I am beyond 55 yrs old. It appears that most people of my age have already developed antibodies from a similar virus that protects us from the H1N1. It is really a young person's problem.

I do take the regular flu shot each year and also the pneumonia shot when needed as a booster.

I will not be getting the swine flu or regular flu shot. One of the only times I got the flu was when I got the flu shot, I was so sick. I will take my chances.

Every single time I get a vaccine I get sick! I got flu shots for about 3 years in a row in college and every time I got sick a day to two after. I am not a fan so I will be avoiding it.

You didn't get the flu because of you got a flu shot. It's not a live vaccine, so it's not possible. Most people don't even have the flu when they say they have the flu. You know because they are back up and around too quick. I'm not saying you didn't have the flu, but it was probably because they guessed the wrong strain.

(I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday In Express last night!)

Last edited:
Check out Drmercola.com, he claims the swine flu vaccine is made of live cancer cells from AFRICAN GREEN monkeys. Plus the US Govt has made it so that you are not allowed to sue the vaccine makers if something goes very wrong.
He says to boost your intake of vitamins C and D,

My wife and I both get the seasonal and her doctor recommends we both get the h1n1.

I'm going to pass on the vaccine and simply increase my pork consumption. bacon and chops are tastier than some old vaccine. I like my zoonoses right from the source.

Kevin

I have already received the seasonal flu vaccine but am uncertain about the N1N1 variety. I sort of want it but I am somewhat skeptical. I guess I will continue to ponder and investigate and by the time it is available to me I will make a decision.

Back