What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played my first round of he season.. Little rusty but it went pretty well. Hit my new razr fit extreme 3 wood great...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Went to the range for the first time since last fall today, and chipped at home. Feels good to finally practice outside!

Went to the range and hit a bucket. Just acquainting myself with my new shafts

Went down to Columbus, GA with my son and daughter (high school players) for a group lesson with Mark Immelman (Trevor's brother). All three of us are in different places in our game but Mark was able to take each of us and give some great lessons after only watching 2 or 3 balls struck. Mark teaches by ball flight and works with the swing you have. For my portion of the lesson Mark helped me with my greenside bunker play, which has been my biggest weakness for several years. Very early in the lesson with his easy to understand direction I was able to get balls out and on the green with spin. This will be huge for my game as a greenside bunker was almost an automatic double bogey for me.

Got home and my son and I played a quick 9. I got out of both bunkers I was in and on the putting surface with my first swing. My son's lesson helped him with distance which he has been struggling with. He picked up 15 to 20 yards that he used to have but had lost over the last year with a simple grip adjustment by Mark.

Boy did you pick a good time to practice your bunker game because we got some duzzy's to get out of, if you get unlucky tomorrow :D

Played 18. THP'd and picked up a new Bushnell's V3 off the bay at a pretty good price.

Had a lesson today. Starting to hit some really great shots if I can keep from hip thrusting.

I was able to get out to the range for the first time this year since the weather has been cooperating as of late. A little rusty, but the good outweighed the bad!

Played 18, won some $$$, had a mini lesson with my pro. Great day!

Hit a large bucket of balls at the range.

Looked online at courses around the Lauderdale area. Can't wait to tee it up this week finally.

Writing reviews, THP'ing, and lots of putting to get my mind off of drama.

Changed the bag up a little. Took the TM SF 2.0J out, put the CG black back in until I can get my swing speed back up.

played 18 with some awesome THPers then hit a large bucket working on my 3x4 system since i had some inconsistency on the course.

Got in 9 holes with the old man. So club feedback coming.

Lesson today. We worked on rotating the lead shoulder down on the takeaway and maintaining the spine angle at the top of the backswing. Not easy!!!

played 9 on an executive course. Nice way to try and get the iron game in shape for the season. Not sure it really worked, but at least it was a good afternoon. Also went to GG and watched Nerfny pound the Covert driver.

played 9 on an executive course. Nice way to try and get the iron game in shape for the season. Not sure it really worked, but at least it was a good afternoon. Also went to GG and watched Nerfny pound the Covert driver.

love executive courses always fun to work on a lot of stuff. i like not using my normal distance iron and take some off or go after it with different irons. really can work on your feel for your irons pretty well. plus if you miss theres a chance to work on your short game.

love executive courses always fun to work on a lot of stuff. i like not using my normal distance iron and take some off or go after it with different irons. really can work on your feel for your irons pretty well. plus if you miss theres a chance to work on your short game.

yup. I'm always a fan of them esp early in the season. Courses are still really rough up here since they just opened, but it feels good to start swinging again. The game is rusty so there is only 1 way to fix that

You have to explain this one to me

Lesson today. We worked on rotating the lead shoulder down on the takeaway and maintaining the spine angle at the top of the backswing. Not easy!!!

Played my first round of the season today. Not as rusty as I expected, really made me excited for the season!

yup. I'm always a fan of them esp early in the season. Courses are still really rough up here since they just opened, but it feels good to start swinging again. The game is rusty so there is only 1 way to fix that

i hear ya i feel like i'm starting pretty well for as early in the season as it is. still making some mental mistakes and showing some rust but i'm really happy with how i've played the last 2 days. feels great to start off the season playing this well knowing how much i could improve with the amount of practice i'm planning on putting in this year. maybe more practice less rounds or more rounds at some executive courses.

You have to explain this one to me

My head and upper body goes up on the takeaway and I lose my spine angle. I should keep it still and rotate the lead or left shoulder under my chin. Need more stretching!!! Hehe

Played 9 this afternoon & faired ok. The course closest to the house is in bad shape, bare dirt in several fairways, greens are bumpy & unkept. I did play decent but getting really tired of those conditions.
I came home complaining about & my wife had done some financial analysis & decided it would be cheaper to join one of the courses around here. Let's go try out new courses!

Hit a small bucket then walked 18. Opening weekend at the course. I'm beat

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Hit 100 balls at the range, worked on short game for about an hour, then went to Golf Galaxy and hit the XL and XL Custom, boy I love those. Also messed around with a few Seemores for the first time, I had trouble using them though. Kept picking my putter back up and liking it more, so that's a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back