The #Grandaddy - Callaway Golf & THP - Details

This is going to be the capper for a tremendous 2013 for THP. The THP Invitationals, The Outing and Demo Day, the Morgan Cup, The Bridgestone Las Vegas Extravaganza, and then THIS, the Grandaddy of them all! Holy Smokes what a year!

It'll be right at the end of the season here. #zoocrew is delaying the inevitable and giving me a whole year to prepare for them. Mistake!

So much time....deadly.

If I make this squad I fully intend to be down to a 1 handicap or so. Seems very doable with where I am at right now. Just gotta get warm enough to play a lot. Stupid Colorado weather

This is going to be awesome. I would love to be selected for this! I might have to dial my work hours back if I were selected, just so I could practice more.

I'm sure regardless of who is selected, THP will represent!

This is going to be the capper for a tremendous 2013 for THP. The THP Invitationals, The Outing and Demo Day, the Morgan Cup, The Bridgestone Las Vegas Extravaganza, and then THIS, the Grandaddy of them all! Holy Smokes what a year!

Just one of those events you listed would be awesome to have in one year but to have them all is unreal.

So crazy the events that THP puts on.

I would hope there wouldn't be chanting of any kind. That only tends to work at a Ryder Cup. I'd like the sound of a solidly struck tee shot and the sound of a ball being compressed as solidly as it can going screaming down the fairway. That alone says all it needs to.

I think you've forgotten the importance of yelling "Mashed Potatoes!!!" after a properly struck golf shot. This adds, at a minimum, 10 yards to a drive. It's not my opinion, it's science.

Other acceptable phrases:

"You Da Man"

"There's the big boy"

"Pow" (only acceptable when using an Air Hammer driver)

"Get in the hole" (only acceptable for tee shots on a par 5)

Hopefully, these tips will be helpful for those attending the #Grandaddy

I think you've forgotten the importance of yelling "Mashed Potatoes!!!" after a properly struck golf shot. This adds, at a minimum, 10 yards to a drive. It's not my opinion, it's science.

"You Da Man"

"There's the big boy"

Don't forget "Yabba Dabba Doo!" which some guy belted out during the final round of last year's U.S. Open.

I smell the warm December weather in Palm Springs already!
Everyone is chanting, THP THP THP THP!!! Captain Hawk tees off with a 300+ bomb to the fairway.......... and the rest is history:)
#TeamTHP
I stand with Captain Hawk.

Thanks for the support, California!

Hopefully there's a wide cart path on that first hole lol. I'm going to need it to crack 300 :D

Thanks for the support, California!

Hopefully there's a wide cart path on that first hole lol. I'm going to need it to crack 300 :D

No problem Captain Hawk:) that's what we're all here for, to support you and team THP. I feel if you practice enough then you won't need a cart path.

After this weekend, I think everyone here will know what kind of game and energy the Callaway crew is brining to the table come December. I am so looking forward to meeting and talking to Harry and Chad over the next few days. I'll even try and sneak a video of Harry's swing so we can post it up in here and all pick it apart for the next 8 months............:D

I'm relying on you all for some ammo!

I think I found the appropriate headgear for the Captain. It will be December, after all, so he'll need something warm.

birdman.jpg

Get me one in green and white and I'll sport it in a heartbeat!

I think I found the appropriate headgear for the Captain. It will be December, after all, so he'll need something warm.

birdman.jpg
Eww a British flag hat. Gotta go with the Stars and Stripes #'Merica

All I know is from playing 9 yesterday with a buddy who is a Class A Professional and on staff with Callaway, I hit his X-Hot Pro's.......Holy Mother Cally is bringing it this year with clubs....I want to go All X-Hot now....

"You Da Man"

"There's the big boy"

LOL - I like those, and all so true as well.

Honestly it is getting pretty stupid the number of people standing around the tee's in big tournaments shouting things like this. I appreciate it builds an atmosphere, but there are so few times when this is actually needed.

Get me one in green and white and I'll sport it in a heartbeat!
Sounds like THP found it's newest store item!!!

Sounds like THP found it's newest store item!!!

I know right! Haha, we are going to have "I support Hawk & Team THP" hats and shirts soon. This is so awesome!

I'm relying on you all for some ammo!

Now how would you like that sir, with a few clips? Or with the entire Armory?
GET SOME!!!

No problem Captain Hawk:) that's what we're all here for, to support you and team THP. I feel if you practice enough then you won't need a cart path.

Unless he chooses to use it. For fun. He's the most interesting Hawk in the world.

umm...next to Hawkeye. That dude is pretty cool. Crazy bow and arrow technology and stuff.

Its hard not to want to bag Callaway equipment when you see events like this and follow along with their war plan. It's made me more aware of their efforts, and want to see them successful. I'm a Mizuno iron guy, but give recent events of the pseudo mockery of the MC.... I'm back to pondering the Xforged at a new level

Its hard not to want to bag Callaway equipment when you see events like this and follow along with their war plan.

Just bagged an Odyssey putter, so I obviously couldn't resist!

Its hard not to want to bag Callaway equipment when you see events like this and follow along with their war plan. It's made me more aware of their efforts, and want to see them successful. I'm a Mizuno iron guy, but give recent events of the pseudo mockery of the MC.... I'm back to pondering the Xforged at a new level

Those Xforged look sweet. Going to have to try them at a demo day soon.

Back