Tossing Balls Away.

You change your ball out when you putt??

Just use a fresh ball that hasnt been hit. I go back to the old one on the next tee.

Just use a fresh ball that hasnt been hit. I go back to the old one on the next tee.

I do too. They just don't roll true with tree bark embedded in them.

I don't throw tantrums, I don't throw clubs, and I don't throw away perfectly good golf balls. Seems to me like an immature way to deal with adversity.

I may toss a ball in the lake on 18 after a bad round, but only if it looks beat to death. It usually isn't an option for me, since the 18th on my home course has water in front and on both sides of the green. When I'm playing badly, the water gods usually grab the ball away on my approach shot there anyway. Since I will subsequently be finishing the hole chipping and putting with a brand new ball, I assure you that I'm not going to add insult to frustration by throwing it away. :banghead:

I have only done this when course/team "tradition" dictated I do this when I scored a rather poor round, team spirit being good for "bonding" etc!

Just to play devil's advocate it wouldn't really be all that expensive for me because laddies and gamer's are not $4 a pop, and for the pro's they don't pay for their balls anyway so no sweat of their back!

However if the ball is unusable or I just shot really, really, really, poorly I save them. Golf balls make EXCELLENT targets for honing long range shooting skils. Not too mention they are heavier/less fragile than balloons, so one can tie them to rails etc and let the wind move them around then proceed to hone skills even more! If one can hit 10 out of 10 at 600-800 meters I am pretty sure one can keep the lead on target on pretty much anything else, considering other longer range targets, biological and not, are generally waaay bigger!

800 meters & hitting a golf ball? Good luck with that one.

If you are a pro and you get as many balls as you want, its no big deal if you throw one into the pond.
However, as long as Im paying for my own balls, I wont throw one into a pond. When a bad shot happens, I know the problem isnt the ball or the club; its the knucklehead swinging the club who is messing things up.

800 meters & hitting a golf ball? Good luck with that one.

Thanks!

But in reality I hang out around the 250-500ish meter mark, done it once or twice at 800m but it was actually more luck than anything else since there is sooooo much else that goes into the shot at more extended ranges. I count hit's as anything that knocks the ball off too, doesn't have to be square just knock it off the stand.

Back