Diane

Reaction score
Do you start every round with a new ball? Or only certain rounds at a new course or when you play a tournament? If I'm playing our local muni - I will usually use whatever balls are in my bag, but if it's a new course or an outing - I always pack new golf balls.

I use whatever I pull out of the bag first, may be new or not.

Sometimes. There are times when I might pull out a new ball late in a round. That ball will get used for a few holes and then the next round I will start with it. Other times I might not have anything in the bag that will last for several holes so I will use a new one.

I sort out the golf ball pocket after most rounds and discard any balls that are scuffed, or marked up to a point where washing won't fix them, and throw in a few new golf balls.

Before each round I reach in and grab three golf balls. Whatever ones come out I use, new or previously hit.

Usually it's whatever I happen to pull out first, unless the ball is chewed up from either a lot of wedge play or hitting a cart path. Those usually get hit on a water hole.

Most of the time I don't end up with too many "used" balls in the bag - I lose enough that they stay pretty fresh. :beat-up:

I try to start the round with a new, or very slightly used ball. I will play with the same ball as the last round if it has any special karma associated with it and it isn't too ugly. You never know, the luck may have stayed with it since last time.

I always start with a sleeve of new balls. When I go through those (whether lost or scuffed or for whatever reason taken out of play), I usually open another sleeve of new balls. After that I'll go through the ball pocket. Maybe I should start with the ball pocket. Perhaps that's why I have so many used balls in a big bucket in the garage.

I use whatever I pull out of the bag. Even if a ball is scuffed up or even cut a little bit it doesnt effect it's performance.

I always start with a new ball.When the ball gets scuffed real bad or have gone 18 holes it's off to the shag bag.I prefer to praticing chippin/pitching and putting with my balls vs the range balls

I'm wierd...but a new course always gets new golfballs. If I play my regular course, it's what ever I pull out of the bag.

I'm wierd...but a new course always gets new golfballs. If I play my regular course, it's what ever I pull out of the bag.

Not weird - That's what I do too.

I pick the newest ball in my bag. Which can be brand new, or really beat up.

Interesting topic. Honestly, I've never really given it much thought.

I have a quick access pocket on my bag, and after a round, I take the balls out of it and give them a wash, before putting them back, I also take the time to re-mark them (alignment mark, and my initials) so they look new.

If they're scuffed or beat up, I'll go ahead and toss them in the shag bucket, but if it's not, I'll play that sucker.

Back