What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beef & Chicken kabobs on the grill. Lots of tasty veggies also!

Well, my salad is out. Supplier called and wants to take me and wife out to La Dolce Vita, the best Italian food in Tucson!!! I guess I will have to waddle into the office in the morning.

Atta girl!!!!

Gasman, don't read what comes next.
Spoiler
I mean it.
Spoiler
I mean, this is the kind of thing Diane would enjoy.
Spoiler
Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you.
Spoiler
The bacon is turkey bacon. There are minced green peppers in the meatloaf. And half the breadcrumbs are really unprocessed bran.

Well, my salad is out. Supplier called and wants to take me and wife out to La Dolce Vita, the best Italian food in Tucson!!! I guess I will have to waddle into the office in the morning.

And it's breaking your heart, isn't it?

C-Tech, you're drooling!

Their tiramisu is to die for, but I won't eat any, I have wonderful self-control...yeah, that's the ticket...I have self' control, yeah, that's it....:bulgy-eyes:

Come on Claire, it is not bacon if it is made of turkey. Its just turkey made to look like bacon.

Sautee mildly steamed 1" asparagus pieces in olive oil and garlic. Add prosciutto di parma and briefly sautee. In the meantime boil bowtie pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and place into pan with garlic, asparagus, and prosciutto. Just before serving (when it's still hot) add a bunch of cubed SMOKED mozzarella (1/2" cubes) so that they begin to melt when you fold them in. Add red pepper flakes, fresh chopped basil and serve with grated parmigianno regianno.

I've made this countless times. If you like the basic ingredients you will flip over this dish.

Sautee mildly steamed 1" asparagus pieces in olive oil and garlic. Add prosciutto di parma and briefly sautee. In the meantime boil bowtie pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and place into pan with garlic, asparagus, and prosciutto. Just before serving (when it's still hot) add a bunch of cubed SMOKED mozzarella (1/2" cubes) so that they begin to melt when you fold them in. Add red pepper flakes, fresh chopped basil and serve with grated parmigianno regianno.

I've made this countless times. If you like the basic ingredients you will flip over this dish.

Sounds like you're quite the chef Johneli! I know you're a retired pharmacy owner - what's your culinary background?

Slow cooker enchiladas

I make enchiladas, but don't know how to make them in a slow cooker. Would you post or PM your recipe?

At the Italian place, I was forced to have shrimp scampi with linguini in a cream/lemon sauce. It was just awful, I could barely force myself to eat it. Through superior strength of will, I did manage to pass on the tiramisu even though they brought a great looking piece by the table to wave under my nose.

Sounds like you're quite the chef Johneli! I know you're a retired pharmacy owner - what's your culinary background?

No formal training. Watched my mother when I was little and now watch a gazillion shows on Food Network. I look up the recipes of what looks great and go out and buy the very freshest of ingredients. It's all about the ingredients and simple preparation. Thank you.

Im going to my favorite steakhouse tonight.:banana: Give me a bone in strip steak and gorgonzola mac and cheese and I am a happy man.

Grilled burgers.

At the Italian place, I was forced to have shrimp scampi with linguini in a cream/lemon sauce. It was just awful, I could barely force myself to eat it. Through superior strength of will, I did manage to pass on the tiramisu even though they brought a great looking piece by the table to wave under my nose.

Glad to hear you survived the torture!

Chile verde here--basically slow cooked pork shoulder with onions, garlic, chopped chilies, and oregano. Shred and serve on soft tortillas with whatever toppings appeal. I love to add cilantro on the top.

I found five of the most beautiful globe artichokes at the store yesterday. Today I will lop off the tops, par boil them, cut the pointy tip off each leaf. Then a meatball recipe made with veal pork and beef, eggs, fresh bread crumbs, garlic, minced sauteed onions, percorino romano cheese, parsely, oregano, basil and fold together. Stuff the mixture behind as many leaves on the artichoke as possible. Make a VERY THIN tomato sauce out of puree and pulsed imported canned tomatoes. Half fill a huge caldron with the sauce and place the artichokes in. Bring to a boil then let it cook for 2 and 1/2 hours. The chokes and meatball mix flavors the sauce perfectly. Serve over angel hair.

We had salad for dinner tonight.

Peanut Butter and Banana sandwich. It was really good. Takes me back to my childhood.

I dont know but how long does it really take for someone to blow dry their hair. Im getting really hungry.

Depends on how long her hair is and how powerful the blowdryer is.

Im going to get in trouble for posting a picture of her, but you be the judge.
Spoiler
Cousin_It_003.jpg

You're married to Cousin Itt? :D

Smallie, since when did you eat healthy?

When it's really hot out, a cold salad hit the spot.

Today we went to Sam's Club. Got another rotisserie chicken.

Grilled chicken, with enough so we have leftovers. Cole slaw, corn on the cob, and baked sweet potatoes. A little too much food, but it's all so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back