Can a Burner Driver.......

Johneli

Reaction score
Handicap
.....with a 10 and 1/2 degrees loft be machined to a 10 degree loft without issues? AND who is qualified to do it?

Are you trying to bring your ball flight down Johneli? I had my '07 10.5* Burner reshafted to bring the ball flight down.

Your messing with the integrity of the face. That face is already thin, change the shaft.

I would say no. Taking half a degree off the face would probably break through at the bottom of the club where the most material would have to be removed. I'd trade it in for a 9.5 before I did that.

You will have to open the face 1* to achieve lowering loft to 10*.Actually it will end up an 9.9* Yes, that can be done.. First measure the loft to make sure it's a 10.5.It could be an 11 or all the way up to 11.5*

Manufacturers tolorance is + or - 1*

You will have to open the face 1* to achieve lowering loft to 10*.Actually it will end up an 9.9* Yes, that can be done.. First measure the loft to make sure it's a 10.5.It could be an 11 or all the way up to 11.5*

THat is more about playable loft rather than loft, so in that aspect any driver can be done. However you are affecting the setup make up and he did not say one way or the other if he was willing to do that.

Shaft change would be easier wouldn't it?Or as someone else suggested trade for one you want.Don't think machining would be an option.

Thanks guys...knew I could count on you. Think I will look to trade or buy another. I'm afraid to mess with it at all now.

You could always buy an adjustable ferrule from Ostrich golf. You can add or subtract up to 1.5º of loft when installing a shaft. Of course it's not adjustable once the shaft is in place.

Here's a link for their site. I have one of these in my Burner driver & it works great.
Loft & Lie Adapter Ferrule - Taylor Made

I would say go with a Prolaunch Red shaft or a shaft with a high kick point

I would say go with a Prolaunch Red shaft or a shaft with a high kick point

Thanks for that! Will probably have to go this route since Taylor doesn't make a 10 degree loft in a Burner driver.

THat is more about playable loft rather than loft, so in that aspect any driver can be done. However you are affecting the setup make up and he did not say one way or the other if he was willing to do that.

These are his words." .....with a 10 and 1/2 degrees loft be machined to a 10 degree loft without issues? AND who is qualified to do it?"

He is talking about modifying his driver to achieve what he wants.What he wants can be done,just not how he would like it. Since he doesn't want to open driver to lower loft,then a shaft change is in order. Much easier to knock ball flight down then to add ball flight.

These are his words." .....with a 10 and 1/2 degrees loft be machined to a 10 degree loft without issues? AND who is qualified to do it?"

He is talking about modifying his driver to achieve what he wants.What he wants can be done,just not how he would like it. Since he doesn't want to open driver to lower loft,then a shaft change is in order. Much easier to knock ball flight down then to add ball flight.

I am willing to change out the shaft and will do so if my current plan of hitting more "down" on the ball with the driver doesn't solve the problem. My problem now is that I hit the driver very far (for my age and size) but also very high and lose distance.

You might want to take that up with our THP Professional Joh. ask the pro section can be very helpful.

I am willing to change out the shaft and will do so if my current plan of hitting more "down" on the ball with the driver doesn't solve the problem. My problem now is that I hit the driver very far (for my age and size) but also very high and lose distance.

You do realize that by hitting down on the ball with your driver causes more spin and could be the reason for your higher then normal ball flight. All depends on how much spin you are producing

Back