Can You "Work" the Ball?

Can you intentionally fade the ball around an obstruction? Can you intentionally hook the ball around a tree? Can you hit a low shot under trees? Can you spin the ball back on the green? Can you hit high and low shots with the same club? And finally can you hit the ball dead straight under normal conditions?

Here's the deal. Don't be shy here. If you have these skills please share them with us. Don't be afraid to brag a little.......you're amongst good friends!!

Fade: Yes, but not as good as I can draw it

Hook: I am constantly hooking the ball around trees, It is amazing how well I can do it now. The key is to swipe your club right across you body very low at the end, watch that ball just banana. I can usually control how much hook I want.

Low Shot: I can usually hit a strong punch of out trees that goes pretty low, but I do have a lot of trouble with it because of my original ball flight. Measuring up against a buddy of mine, I hit my 4 iron higher than he hits his 8 iron.

Spin: I can spin it, but it won't suck back, usually its just a check then a 2 foot roll.

High/Low: I can't hit any of my irons low, like I said, I'll hit my 4 iron higher than an 8 iron.

Straight: My normal ball flight is straight.

Usually, the only "working" of the ball I do is hitting low to keep it under a tree limb.

I've tried to draw and fade around trees on occasion, but not very often. I just don't have the level of control with it that I want.

It's not very often that I can hit a draw, if I need to slice one around a tree though it's no problem. The problem is I usually ended up there because of a slice.

Mostly no but I'm working on it..I have a natural fade that use to be a banna
slice.

No.my ball gets a good work out it never knows where its going.

I can do the low stinger...
Not too good on the overly high shot...
I can not work the ball...nor do I try..
i aim for center mass of the green and let my putter and if need be chipper do the work.
I think I should be able to get down to a 5 hdcp without the ability to work the ball by just playing good course management...
Now...when and if I ever get to a 5 hdcp, I will think about working that ball a little more..

bama

Work the ball ????? with my disability I just try to hit the ball straight get it so it's going forward and keep it in play.

Back