Do You Hold Your Breath While Swinging?

Johneli

Reaction score
Handicap
I never realized that I do until my buddy told me I was! Then I started paying attention and I do! As soon as I begin my takeaway I stop breathing until contact.

How weird is that or do you do it too?

I do it too and I probably shouldn't. Esp. when swinging a wood. But I do exhale when i make contact

I honestly don't know if I do or not, but I do occasionally ask people on the course if they do. It's fun watching them trying real hard not to think about that for the rest of the round.

Some people are just too easy to mess with. :mean:

-JP

Now you're just asking for trouble when you least expect it. :devil:

I honestly don't know if I do or not, but I do occasionally ask people on the course if they do. It's fun watching them trying real hard not to think about that for the rest of the round.

-JP

Wow JP...you must be SOME competitor! :D

Pretty sure I do. Everyone holds their breath when they are scared, and the out come is unknown.:clapp:

Actually my first clue came when I was NOT able to complain about where the tee shot went......because I was out of breath.

Well that's great, one more thing to think about as I'm swinging. Thanks a lot Johneli

I inhale on the backswing, that way I have plenty of air to curse after the shot.

I inhale on the backswing, that way I have plenty of air to curse after the shot.

I can tell you I inhale slowly on the backswing and exhale sharply on contact, although my reason is more muscular and isn't nearly as fantastic as mytime's.

-JP

That is exactly what I was thinking.... I always ask, "Do you breathe in our out on your downswing?"

Back