Bought Some Cigars...

Craig Mac

Reaction score
I figured we would start this thread so people can share what Cigars they pick up from time to time. So, I will go ahead and start:

Normal these would be way out of my price range, but since they were on sale for 1/3 off retail that only put them sort-of out of my price range and I had to get them. I'll blame JB for giving me my first one:D

CI-OPU-BROWN-400.jpg

"Journey to Chateau de la Fuente Brown includes 2 Fuente Fuente OpusX Scorpio (2005), 1 Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario Double Robusto (2006), & 1 Fuente Fuente Forbidden X, Toro (2004), plus a Chateau de la Fuente photo & essay book."

CI-OPU-BROWN-400.jpg

Thats a pretty fancy box. Never got into cigars, probably a shame since I can get cubans a couple blocks away.

those short story's are to die for! You will love them
I have smoked a few of them previously, and a co-worker said he wanted to get some Fuentes, plus I needed a nice 30-40 minute go-to stick, plus they were 10% off.... well, let's just say I'm weak willed...
Never got into cigars, probably a shame since I can get cubans a couple blocks away.
No need to rub it in :D That tax up there on cigars is pretty heavy from what I understand.

The Short Stories are a good little smoke.

I haven't bought anything in a while, but I need to pick up another box of Tat P1's, I'm all out of the darn things!

I have to admit the last couple Fuente boxes I have received, the detail of the boxes has been amazing, I guess that is part of the reason they are so darn expensive. But they seem to put as much effort in to the presentation as they do the cigars themselves! The box is at least 8.5" by 11" for the 4 cigars, plus comes with a "Photo Essay" booklet with some beautiful pictures.

fuente1.jpg

fuente2.jpg

I love the A. Fuente 8-5-8's (maduro) - I'll smoke 1 on the front and 1 on the back side..... Mmmmmmmm

(_[ii]____}}}}}

You guys have some great taste in cigars! :banana:

My last purchases were a 19 pack variety of salamon (spelling?) cigars from Cigars International, and a bundle of Consuegra #84 from the JR store in Whippany, NJ. These "Connies" have "Yellow Cello" and are VERY TASTY.

Got a box of these in today, a little more than half of them are mine as we did a split on them. 3" by 50 ring Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label "Firecrackers".

firecracker.jpg

Those look awesome. If all goes according to plan, I should be at Casa Fuente Sunday night.:banana:

I bought another box of P1's.

007-053-0036.jpg

I also bought a mazo of Nicaraguan (Flor de something) for a buddy as a thank you for watching my dog one weekend.

CI Sampler

CI Sampler

Last night I ordered a sampler from Cigars International, four each of the following:
- 5 Vegas Relic Perfecto (never tried this size/blend of the 5 Vegas)
- Fonseca Serie F Robusto (curious to try)
- Rocky Patel Puro Cubano Robusto (anything RP is good), and
- La Gloria Cubana Wavell (all time favorite, though the old blend was better)

Recent additions:

DPG Cuban Classic 1977 & 2 Liga Privada #9's
score.jpg

La Aroma De Cuba Edicion Especial & San Cristobal Lanceros
lancea.jpg

Opus X Forbidden X Toros
opusx.jpg

LFD Double Ligero "Hammers"
hammer.jpg

How long is it possible to keep a cigar if you keep the humidity correct?

Pretty much indefinitely.

I know a few folks with cigars that are 30-50 years old.

The oldest I've smoked was 10 years, there are several in my humidor nearing 5 years now.

Gummi is correct, if you are diligent about keeping your humidor properly stocked and humidified then they should last as long as you want them to. I have on in my humidor that is 13 years old, and will hopefully get to be quite a bit older before my 14 year old daughter gets married.

Back