JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
GG, I posted a response to this and it wouldn't take it for some reason. Just had a couple questions about it's use:

"Nice review GG. You have had this for some time now and I'm currious if you still use it regularly. Are you still as excited about it as you originally were? Also, it looks like it kicks the ball back pretty far, does it come back a bit too hard when practicing those short 3 footers?"

Thanks, Due

• Admin
We have used this a lot. Neither one of us haave grown tired of it at all. The ball kicks back about 12-15 feet. But it does not have a ton of force behind it. So if you are 5 feet away there are no issues. It is just the coolest golf gadget we have come across.

this is on my stocking stuffer list for the holiday season..... :blob:

Great idea there 1974. I'll have to get the Misses to order this for my Birthday, hehe

It's cute, if you're into gadgets.

I can't see myself using one, but that's me.

I generally practice putting one of two ways. The first is putting three or five balls (always an odd number) to a hole from one point. Then, when I go to retrieve them, I knock them back to a different location (first North, then South, then East, then West) and putt from there. So the idea of having the ball come back to me doesn't apply.

The second way (and my favorite way) is when I'm on a practice green with 9 holes cut into it. I choose a route to each of the holes (maybe start at #1, then go to #3, then #6 and so on) and I putt just one ball. The goal of course is to go around 9 holes (or 18 if I do it twice) in as few strokes as possible. I face all types of putts and all types of slopes from a variety of angles and to me, It's more realistic doing this with just one ball (just as I would on the course) and I learn more. The added bonus is that with all of that walking, I get a fair amount of exercise to boot, so it's a win-win across the board.

Not only that, I'm not monopolizing just one hole so that means that other people on the practice green can use that hole as well. I absolutely hate it when someone sets up some putting aid or strings or some other such contraptions and commandeers one entire section of a putting green. If it's at a time when few people are around, that's fine. But I've seen that done during busy times and I think it's just rude and selfish.

-JP

• Admin
Bumping this one for the PM readers.

Yeah, thats me rude and selfish, lol. One hole for me and I'm taking over the whole green... sorry. Sucks to be u

• Admin
Yeah, thats me rude and selfish, lol. One hole for me and I'm taking over the whole green... sorry. Sucks to be u

I agree due. Taking up one hole means nothing.

I agree due. Taking up one hole means nothing.

That depends on the green.

I've played courses with postage stamp sized practice greens and I've seen people set up all kinds of goofy devices and practice aids right smack in the middle of such greens where everyone else has to maneuver around them.

That's not rude?

That's not selfish?

On the other hand, I've been to courses with practice greens that are so huge that it's actually difficult to roll a putt from end to end. So if someone wants to set up shop on a green like that, I couldn't care less.

You know, contrary to what you may believe, there ARE other people in this world besides yourselves and your silly gadgets.

-JP

JP, your telling me that taking one hole out of all the holes on a standard size practice green and sticking a small device down into it, with nothing else around it AND ONLY USING ONE BALL rather than 5 or 6 like a lot of people would be in your way??? This thing even kicks the ball back in one direction.

What's up with you? I get the feeling anyone else being on the course on any given day would upset you. Next you'll be trying to tell me that the gooves on my wedges make no difference!

You know, contrary to what you may believe, there ARE other people in this world besides yourselves and your silly gadgets.

-JP

I don't think a single person here is advocating hogging a practice green to themselves & obviously if it's a very small green then I doubt anyone would be using this device.

You need to chill out just a touch, why do you seem so angry? Do you need a hug?

I don't think a single person here is advocating hogging a practice green to themselves & obviously if it's a very small green then I doubt anyone would be using this device.

You need to chill out just a touch, why do you seem so angry? Do you need a hug?

Yeah, you're right, I guess I am a little too edgy these days. Being out of work for several months will do that to you (I'm self employed and business around here is in the toilet).

There is a difference between enjoying a good argument (which I do) and being a cantankerous SOB and I guess I sometimes lose sight of the boundary line between the two.

But rest assured it's never personal, because I'm just not like that.

My apologies.

-JP

Good form JP. I can be a bit cantankerous myself, but rather than liking a good argument I generally get my panties in a wad, lol. The world goes on...

Back