Ever wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep?

OrlandoGolfBlog

KISS MY A** BALL!!
Reaction score
Handicap
What's your early hours routine when this occurs? I fell asleep reading the kid a book, work up at midnight and now I'm finding it difficult to get back to sleep, totally sucks.... so I'm presently catching up on my threads :)

I hate when that happens, especially if I know I have something important to do in the morning and I really need to be alert. Normally I com downstairs and watch TV until hopefully I fall asleep again.

Happens to me all the time. I clean house, read, watch a movie, or go out to my shed and work on a project.

My wife is tasked with not letting me fall asleep before 10pm if I have had a busy day....
I might take a npa at 1pm after being out in the yard all morning, but anything after that wil keep mw up double the amount of time I napped...
Not good when you have to be in at 7am at a high stress job....(although a gallon of coffee usually helps that out..)

been there - done that! I'll read a book or go downstairs and watch a movie (don't want to wake the wife up......).

I wake up in the middle of the night all the time. Best cure I have found is getting up and going downstairs to change my setting, turning the lights on dim and reading a book. Preferably not a page turner that you end up not being able to put down!

When my wife wake up she gets herself a glass of milk. She swears by it but it doesn’t do anything for me.

All the time for pee breaks. Usually can go right back to sleep but if not then I'll watch soem tv or read. then it's nighty night time again within 30 mins or so.

I think reading a book sounds like a good plan, I'll try that next time, hopefully not anytime soon! :) Cleaning the house wouldn't work, I get a bit detailed when I embark on that endeavour and I'd most likely find myself up when the sunrises

Take melatonin before bedtime. That really helps me sleep through the night. Otherwise, I wake up and that gerbil in my brain hops on the wheel.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. ONCE I get to sleep, I am pretty much out. Sometimes it takes a while to get to that point, but once I am there, I am sawing logs until morning.

Back