Scotty Cameron Damascus Putter

RocketSauce

ManBearPig
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but this is THE dumbest thing I have EVER seen.

[YOUTUBE]5jPxtHqj5hY[/YOUTUBE]

That is from a long time ago. Late 08 I believe, and yes its absurd.

Wow that was horrible. And whoever wrote the opening couple lines should be shot..."finest creations I've ever created"?

I dont have words to explain what I was thinking watching that cheesy video. This was a horrible marketing gimmick and did nothing to instill any confidence in the SC brand IMHO. Makes me feel even better that I sold a SC today.

Damascus? Odd name for a putter- a town from Biblical times? How does that even relate to golf? It seems like a pretty run-of-the-mill (haha, aren't I funny) blade. I may be crazy, but I don't see what's so special.

Damascus? Odd name for a putter- a town from Biblical times? How does that even relate to golf? It seems like a pretty run-of-the-mill (haha, aren't I funny) blade. I may be crazy, but I don't see what's so special.

Because its scotty cameron obviously....hehe

Damascus Steel.

I think Odyssey or someone previously did a limited run (expensive) Damascus putter.

Yeah, it was Odyssey:
img_5-1.jpg

odyssey.jpg

img_3-1.jpg

img_4-1.jpg

img20071204_1.jpg

That Odyssey would be great to take out on the course in that case. Strap it onto the cart & watch the eyes of everyone around you pop wide open when you open it up & take your putter out.

BTW, I only managed to get thru the 1st 2 minutes of that video before I wanted to gag & turned it off.

BTW, I only managed to get thru the 1st 2 minutes of that video before I wanted to gag & turned it off.

You have a stronger stomach than me Dyna. I turned it off as soon as I saw the cape.

(And I like SC putters a lot.)

Damascus is a kind of steel that was used in ancient times. It's supposed to be hard to make.

Holy old thread batman

Back