STX Putter Unboxing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We got a package today from STX with one of their putters to review. This one is the Envision TR. I rolled a few with it and really REALLY like it. I want to thank Ms. STX for sending this over. We asked and they obliged. Here are a few pictures. More coming with the review.

572066488_dk3VY-L-1.jpg

572066356_gyrQA-L-1.jpg

572066561_3PG4f-L-1.jpg

572066687_Zi76h-L-1.jpg

I'd like to see how this thing fares in the review. I don't know that I have seen an offset center-shafted putter before.

Fairly irrelevant, but STX pioneered the offset lacrosse stick back in the 90's. Maybe they are on to something.

• Admin
Tried this one out on the practice green today and it rolls great. The ball comes off the face soft and it is one of those putters that just worked for me. Will be testing it out on the course for a few rounds and then we have 4-5 players that have volunteered to play a round with it at my club as well.

stx never seems to amaze me tho, smallville, i mean who thought this thing was a putter?
View attachment 411

but ive really wanted to try it, and this new one looks dope

• Admin
Here are some more pictures that we will use for the review. I must say that the more and more I try this putter, the more I like it. We have had 6 others try it and all but 1 liked it as well.

575292244_3Ft8Y-L-1.jpg

575292071_Q2YTt-L-1.jpg

575291906_DbVm9-L-1.jpg

575291702_snV2q-L-1.jpg

575292385_BnEMr-L-1.jpg

• Admin
Used this again today with GG at the range and really liked it again. The grippy "rubber" face really grabs the ball and gets it rolling much like the groove faced putters do, but because of the material, gives it a super soft feel. GG did not care for it as much as I did, but most of our testers feel they really like the way it sets up. More testing coming this week with this one and a review to follow;

Used this again today with GG at the range and really liked it again. The grippy "rubber" face really grabs the ball and gets it rolling much like the groove faced putters do, but because of the material, gives it a super soft feel. GG did not care for it as much as I did, but most of our testers feel they really like the way it sets up. More testing coming this week with this one and a review to follow;

What is the head made of (if you know offhand)?

I did not like the way it looked at set up. I can't explain why, but I found it almost distracting. JB was putting like a champ with it though, he was easily sinking putts from 20 feet.

The review of this one will be up tomorrow. Finishing it up now. I really liked my time with it and it is very interesting to use.

Back