Bridgestone....????

TexAg08

Buckle #12 Whoop!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Have a question what is the difference between an e6 and a e6+ I had a sleeve of e6+'s that had a e6 in it. I'm guessing someone swapped out an old ball since it wasn't as shiney as the e6+'s. but what is the difference between the two?

TexAg,

The e6+ was an improvement over the original e6 in feel, distance off the tee and durability. The e6 was a great ball, but Bridgestone enhanced the cover formula and core responsiveness in the "+" version. If you bought these balls brand new, I'd suggest contacting the shop where you bought them, so they can let Bridgestone customer service know what happened.

I knew our magic 8 ball of bridgestone knowledge would be on to answer this.

TexAg,

The e6+ was an improvement over the original e6 in feel, distance off the tee and durability. The e6 was a great ball, but Bridgestone enhanced the cover formula and core responsiveness in the "+" version. If you bought these balls brand new, I'd suggest contacting the shop where you bought them, so they can let Bridgestone customer service know what happened.

It was a single sleeve, guessing it happened in the pro shop. no big deal just noticed the difference in play of the ball. the "+" was softer off the club face and had more bite. but was making sure I wasn't blindly thinking these characteristics up.

I knew our magic 8 ball of bridgestone knowledge would be on to answer this.

In house experts are nice. :good:

I picked up a 2-ball sample sleeve of the 330RX last night. Probably too much spin for me off the tee, but I'm looking forward to trying it after so much success with the e6+.

Let us know how it goes Harry. I used them this morning and really love them. However with the E6+ I am always in the fairway. That is hard to beat.

I just bought a box of E6+ balls tonight. I found one of these in the bushes the other day, and I used it on the last 2 holes I played. Very nice off the tee. I think these will be replacing my Taylormade XD's.

That is a great ball.

you won't be disappointed. welcome to the B-Stone Bandwagon!!!

Just bought a new driver and when testing it out they suggested I try some Bridgestone balls. They suggested the B330 Tour so I bought some. I usually play ProV1x. I have putted a little with the B330 Tour and they seem harder than the ProV1x. Any idea how they will play? I have heard really good things about Bridgestone so I am excited to see how they perform.

I assume that you got just the regular B330 not the B330S or the B330RX? They are slightly harder for durability purposes, but we have had no issues with some of our teaching professionals trying them and most have switched to either Bridgestone or Srixon that we work with.

Thanks JB. Ya, they are the regular B330. I have not used Bridgestone balls before but have heard great things about them. I like the feel of the ProV1x so i'm not sure about how hard these feel. Would you suggest the B330s or Rx instead? My swing speed is around 112 MPH.

with 112 I would actually recommend the S, but bstonerjk is much more qualified than me to answer. They are slightly harder for durability, but we saw very little different in spin.

with 112 I would actually recommend the S, but bstonerjk is much more qualified than me to answer. They are slightly harder for durability, but we saw very little different in spin.

Hi Josh,

Thanks for giving Bridgestone a shot. I think, much like the others who have tried us, you'll find a gamer with Bridgestone. Your swingspeed of 112 falls right on the borderline of either the B330 or the B330-S. It really comes down to how you launch it and what your feel preference is. I'm assuming that if you play the Pro V1x that you have no trouble getting the ball airborne, so the B330 may be a good choice for you when it comes to off-the-tee performance. You'll find that the B330 feels firmer off the putter and on chip shots than the B330-S, but it actually has more backspin for most players than the S. I personally play the B330 and I swing right around 113 mph, but I hit the ball very high (meaning lots of spin). Playing the B330 helps me bring the ball down to a more playable trajectory. I love the B330. I am easily 10 yards longer with it than the B330-S off the tee and almost as much longer on long iron shots. When you get down to deciding between the B330 and B330-S it really comes down to preference, as both are great balls and can do very similar things. If you get the opportunity, go through one of our free ball-fittings. That is the only sure way to ensure that you have the best ball for your game.

Hi Josh,

Thanks for giving Bridgestone a shot. I think, much like the others who have tried us, you'll find a gamer with Bridgestone. Your swingspeed of 112 falls right on the borderline of either the B330 or the B330-S. It really comes down to how you launch it and what your feel preference is. I'm assuming that if you play the Pro V1x that you have no trouble getting the ball airborne, so the B330 may be a good choice for you when it comes to off-the-tee performance. You'll find that the B330 feels firmer off the putter and on chip shots than the B330-S, but it actually has more backspin for most players than the S. I personally play the B330 and I swing right around 113 mph, but I hit the ball very high (meaning lots of spin). Playing the B330 helps me bring the ball down to a more playable trajectory. I love the B330. I am easily 10 yards longer with it than the B330-S off the tee and almost as much longer on long iron shots. When you get down to deciding between the B330 and B330-S it really comes down to preference, as both are great balls and can do very similar things. If you get the opportunity, go through one of our free ball-fittings. That is the only sure way to ensure that you have the best ball for your game.

bstonerjk, Thanks for the great info. I will have to see....looking forward to getting on the course and trying them out. I also hit the ball very high so maybe the B330 will be a good choice, just may take a little time getting used to the putter. I could use the practice on the putting greens anyway, that's always been my weakest part of my game.

Tried the Bridgestone e6+ today I have to say that is not a bad ball. Had good feel of the driver and decent around the greens may end up buying a dozen of these. I was leaning toward the Titleist DT but the sleeve of e6+ may send me in the Bridgestone direction.

halk, I think you will find that the E6+ will have a little more spin around the green than the DT and have a slightly higher ball flight. The E7+ will have the similar ball flight as the DT but will also have a little more spin.

I was quite impressed with the e6+ today I have for most of the time always played some type of a Titleist ball. The e6+ seemed to have a better all around feel even when putting the sound and feel off the putter felt better than the Titleist I have been playing. I have played the NXT Tour and the NXT for about the past four years. this year I decided it was time for a change and have been trying several different balls trying to find one I like.

The NXT Tour is similar in design to the E6+ yet I think because of dimple design the E6+ flies a little straighter. Some say the NXT Tour was based off the success of the E6+.

which has more spin around the green the e7 or e6

Robert

The NXT Tour is similar in design to the E6+ yet I think because of dimple design the E6+ flies a little straighter. Some say the NXT Tour was based off the success of the E6+.

After playing the front nine with the NXT Tour today and the back nine with the Bridgestone I would say I had a straighter ball flight. Could have been it just taken me longer to get in the groove but ball striking I felt was much better on the back nine than I had on the front plus I was only 2 over par on the back as compared to 5 over on the front. Could just all be coincidence but I will give the e6's another shot.

Yeah, in the end, us amateurs never know, but confidence is a great thing. And I still say they have the best putting alignment aid there is.

I've been playing the E6+ for almost a year now, and I really like the ball. I was playing the Nike Power Distance Softs before this. The PD's are now in the shag bag. The E6+ feels much better off the clubs (particularly the putter). I also seemed (up until recently) to find the fairway much more often with the B'stone, which I think was the spin control off the driver. Very nice golf balls.

My only thing with these balls is the cover is not as durable as the new Pro V1 X.

Really? In our testings it showed the exact opposite. While we think that the Prov1x had an improved cover than the last model, it is still a soft cover and the E6+ is much harder. Closer to the NXT Tour.

Back