Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB, does the Surface come with Microsoft office or anything like that on it?

It came with office and so far is working well.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

I think I need that Surface!

true, I guess I will check out a kindle fire HD first, I just don't want to spend $500 on the Ipad retina
I know some like the fire but I was not a fan neither was the wife. Surface is calling my name for her

I think I need a war eagle to show me how to properly use it.

I think I need a war eagle to show me how to properly use it.
Is it the Windows 8 giving you fits?

Nothing really is, but Im sure you know all kinds of wizard secrets.

Nothing really is, but Im sure you know all kinds of wizard secrets.
I know it has some sweet gestures that making using it a bit faster. The windows logo is a "home" button, and toggles between your most recently used windows. Im sure you've seen the slide out menu on the right for page and app navigation as well.

Volume down + Windows logo = screenshot

Swipe down when you are in an app to quick close it.

Those are some that I have seen discussed on some of the tech blogs.

Yeah they are pretty cool. Surprisingly enough with as bad as the app store has been, they had every single program I wanted.

Yeah they are pretty cool. Surprisingly enough with as bad as the app store has been, they had every single program I wanted.
That's good to hear, as that has been my biggest apprehension about Windows Mobile and Windows tablets in the past.

That's good to hear, as that has been my biggest apprehension about Windows Mobile and Windows tablets in the past.

It sure has. It surprised me quite a bit.

Reposting a question since Golfer Gal thread bombed me earlier (hey, I at least I got the last post in).

For those that use android and have a need for creating/tweaking documents or presentations does anyone use Kingsoft Office? It was free and highly recommended but just wondering if there is anything better enough that it would be worth purchasing?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reposting a question since Golfer Gal thread bombed me earlier (hey, I at least I got the last post in).

For those that use android and have a need for creating/tweaking documents or presentations does anyone use Kingsoft Office? It was free and highly recommended but just wondering if there is anything better enough that it would be worth purchasing?

I use OfficeSuite Pro, and like it a lot. I believe it has a free trial on it as well?

I use OfficeSuite Pro, and like it a lot. I believe it has a free trial on it as well?

That was the other that a lot of people suggested. I'll check it out and type up a few docs on both to see what I think. Thanks.

BTW, I think that Android has decided that I'm gonna be a faithful user now so no problems from my S3 so far this time around. Well, only one. The thing that I loved most about the S3 before was the downloaded SwiftKey 3 app. Now the keyboard has crashed on me a few times and it froze my phone once. What happened to that app?

That was the other that a lot of people suggested. I'll check it out and type up a few docs on both to see what I think. Thanks.

BTW, I think that Android has decided that I'm gonna be a faithful user now so no problems from my S3 so far this time around. Well, only one. The thing that I loved most about the S3 before was the downloaded SwiftKey 3 app. Now the keyboard has crashed on me a few times and it froze my phone once. What happened to that app?

Interesting, mine is still working fine? Hmm...

I don't mind OSP either. I just upload documents to dropbox and am able to work on documents and take notes when out to planning sites. Though I do find it to be glitchy from time to time on larger files.

Really looking forward to the possibility of Microsoft Office coming to Android. Think I read it could be February/April time area?

Interesting, mine is still working fine? Hmm...
Once I get the Note 2 I can just stick with the Jellybean keyboard. They bit hard off of SwiftKey with that one from what I understand.

FWIW, it only crashes when I'm using the voice dictation in online browser or Google search. Guess I'll just quit using it there.

I too use OSP. I like it a lot. As for keyboard, why not use the Jelly Bean keyboard now.

I too use OSP. I like it a lot. As for keyboard, why not use the Jelly Bean keyboard now.

You just reminded me. I can download JB keyboard in Google Play store now, can't I?!?!

I see a surface sighting. I think it could be just what you are looking for. Not sure itd be the one for me but I'm looking forward to more thoughts on it.

No longer pondering a new phone.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

So I'm trying to decide if an iPad Mini would be a good tablet for my brother in law, he travels quite a bit and has good eyes so the size wouldn't be a problem, plus we save a bit of money on the purchase as well, but is the convenience and savings worth the smaller size vs an iPad 2?
I've been long pondering the Ipad Mini and the Google Nexus 7. Here's what I came to...

Ipad Mini Advantages ----Google Nexus 7 Advantages
Larger Screen, Slimmer Frame--- Android Customizability
Rear Facing Camera---- Cheaper (199 16gb vs 329 for ipad mini 16gb)
Aliminum Body(Scrathes however)---Better Screen Resolution
Apple Store--- Google Play
IOS --- Android 4.2
---Google Maps
---Google Voice Search>Siri

A lot of it comes down to whether you prefer Android or IOS. I would prefer Android to IOS but I need the camera as I don't have a smart phone and I hate how small the Nexus 7s screen is because of its thick frame.

Does windows use Google Play? I think all of Android does correct? Sorry for the newb questions ahah.

I've been long pondering the Ipad Mini and the Google Nexus 7. Here's what I came to...

Ipad Mini Advantages ----Google Nexus 7 Advantages
Larger Screen, Slimmer Frame--- Android Customizability
Rear Facing Camera---- Cheaper (199 16gb vs 329 for ipad mini 16gb)
Aliminum Body(Scrathes however)---Better Screen Resolution
Apple Store--- Google Play
IOS --- Android 4.2
---Google Maps
---Google Voice Search>Siri

A lot of it comes down to whether you prefer Android or IOS. I would prefer Android to IOS but I need the camera as I don't have a smart phone and I hate how small the Nexus 7s screen is because of its thick frame.
Nice pros/cons list. IMO, Google Now can not be beaten, Siri doesnt come close to stacking up to it.

Does windows use Google Play? I think all of Android does correct? Sorry for the newb questions ahah.

No that is an Android OS feature. Windows has its own store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back