MLB 2012 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm impressed they were able to bounce back from the Melky situation.

Congrats Giants!

I wonder what the mood of the fans is today in South Florida. Man, that is one shady organization it seems like. Not sure why any FA in their right mind would want to sign with the Marlins after what they have pulled over the last few months.

There's a reason why the Marlins owner is being investigated for fraudulent activities. Stuff like this just adds fuel to the fire.

Has the list of Jays prospects been posted yet beyond Escobar?

I wonder what the mood of the fans is today in South Florida. Man, that is one shady organization it seems like. Not sure why any FA in their right mind would want to sign with the Marlins after what they have pulled over the last few months.

There's a reason why the Marlins owner is being investigated for fraudulent activities. Stuff like this just adds fuel to the fire.

Has the list of Jays prospects been posted yet beyond Escobar?

From the ESPN story.
The Blue Jays are sending shortstop Yunel Escobar, right-hander Henderson Alvarez, catcher Jeff Mathis and prospects Jake Marisnick (OF), Adeiny Hechavarria (SS), Justin Nicolino (LHP) and Anthony DeSclafani (RHP) to the Marlins, sources told ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8631768/marlins-owner-jeffrey-loria-says-trade-last-place-finish

I would hate to be a marlins fan and a taxpayer that helped fund that stadium. I think it's just a complete joke what they are doing.

Its so sad. Loria is a sketchy dude. They were already struggling to fill the seats, now Stanton is the only guy worth watching anymore. Unreal

I would hate to be a marlins fan and a taxpayer that helped fund that stadium. I think it's just a complete joke what they are doing.

That's what I was thinking. Jeez. Why would anyone in their right mind want to spend their hard earned money going to watch an organization that spits in the faces of its fans and players like that.

See his Tweet? He's pretty pissed off about this whole deal.

Oh ya. I dont blame him. They wont trade him, but I wish the would. Dude is a hard worker and an absolute stud, now he is going to be surrounded with AAA players

The funny thing is that they had the lowest attendance ever for a new MLB stadium and now its going to be even less

The funny thing is that they had the lowest attendance ever for a new MLB stadium and now its going to be even less

The Cardinals opened there this season and I remember thinking, "Yeah, y'all will lose interest after this game and won't care or go to the games again".

Its crazy how bad of a sports town Miami is. Its a large market that can't fill a NFL, MLB or big time NCAA stadium.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Those Marlins players going to the Jays must be even more pi$$ed.....

FL has no state income tax....Canada has crappy taxes.

As a taxpayer I'd be royally pissed and I don't know how the timing of season tickets go, but I'd be super pissed if I already got my season tickets for next year and now they ship everyone out of town.

Those Marlins players going to the Jays must be even more pi$$ed.....

FL has no state income tax....Canada has crappy taxes.

That is honestly something I've never considered when thinking about free agency and trades. That has to enter into players minds when they are negotiating deals.

That is honestly something I've never considered when thinking about free agency and trades. That has to enter into players minds when they are negotiating deals.

I've heard forever that's why the NBA's Raptors have trouble signing players.

The Cardinals opened there this season and I remember thinking, "Yeah, y'all will lose interest after this game and won't care or go to the games again".

Yep I remember the game well. The stadium is gorgeous too, minus the hideous marlin sculpture homerun thing

See above....that article details tax rules for US athletes visiting Canada and residing in Canada

I've heard forever that's why the NBA's Raptors have trouble signing players.

They did it back in 2002, as well. Also, won a world series after they did it. Maybe they are grasping at straws?

Awesome! Dickey wins the Cy Young!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back