2009 U.S. Open at Bethpage Black [spoilers]

So, I've read a few comments on the U.S. Open participants apparel choices...does anybody else besides me hate Ricky Barnes' hat?

To be completely fair though, I'm not a fan of those hats off the golf course either.

I have not liked any of his stuff this week.

I hate that hat as well...I can not stand when Camillo wears the same style. I think they like it because it is different. I did really like his plaid pants, some nice blue striping in there.

Are you really saying that "like white on rice" was originated in the south?

Didn't it? That's the only place I've ever heard it, and when I say it north of the Mason-Dixon line, jaws drop.

So, I've read a few comments on the U.S. Open participants apparel choices...does anybody else besides me hate Ricky Barnes' hat?

To be completely fair though, I'm not a fan of those hats off the golf course either.

He looks like he should be painting a house in it.

Okay, I feel better then. I'm not a big fashion guy and normally don't care one way or another, but I haven't had a reaction like this since Jesper Parnevik was wearing his hat with the bill fliped upward.

Didn't it? That's the only place I've ever heard it, and when I say it north of the Mason-Dixon line, jaws drop.

I think it must be a local thing...because I grew up central NJ and it was said regularly with no one thinking it was bad, it was in NJ that I learned that term. I have lived in NC for almost 10 years now and it is the same...I never imagined that it was a southernism....most of those include references to family/rednecks/rebel flags/y'all/and other funny words with heavy draws to them.

I never thought it was a saying that would make jaws drop.:beat-up:

Would you believe I've not watched any US Open to speak of? I golfed yesterday, then had lots of things to do to make up for golfing yesterday; and today we had a whole host of errands to run. I've followed it on twitter a bit, and here as well.

Re: white on rice. How could that have any improper connotation? Rice is white. It's equivalent to saying, "Like white on alabaster." Or even, "Like white on teeth in Hollywood." That said, I've used the saying for ages, including back in SoCal when I was a youngster, so if it originated in the South, it has spread.

Tiger is having such a poor tournament, yet he is tied for 8th place. Anyone else, that would be great! He makes up two more shots and he's tied for third. The two at the top could be in for a major, final round collapse as the slipper suddenly doesn't fit. Might not happen, but easily could. Then Woods, Duval and Mickelson could be right back in contention. I know they are in the top ten but won't catch up unless those guys fall on their faces. The pressure of winning the Open could bear down on them tomorrow.

Well folks, it rained all night. It's stopped for the moment, but there's more in the forecast. Aren't you glad YOU'RE not in charge of that course?

Glover has been driving the ball really well this week, so I am not sure he will collapse. As for Ricky Bobby, I mean ricky Barnes, only time will tell. But if either of these guys start hearing the roars from up ahead, their legs might start shaking.

No one seemed to mind it when Anna Nordqvist wore it::beauty:
340x.jpg

Yeah, but I wouldn't want to see these guys in a skort, either! :D

Ricky just hit an incredible shot onto the green out of that crap he was in.
If he rolls in a putt, this would be a spectacular birdie.

Big OUCH for Duval.

This is getting very interesting.

Barnes is really fighting a hook. It could get very close very soon. Guys like Mahan are playing really well.

Duval got one of his dropped shots back, but Woods is running out of holes and not doing anything positive.

neither is Phil right now.

Back