Just Another Reason I Dislike Abercrombie

Osahar

Working on the swing
Reaction score
There apparel has never done a thing for me. But I am not their market. Never bought a thing from them. If true, that story is pathetic though.

Wow! I wish I could say I am surprised but with that company nothing surprises me. I remember when I was in college my freshman year I lost a ton of weight and I maybe weighed 90 pounds soaking wet. That was about the only time I comfortably fit into their clothes.

Funny that this is here...I just spoke with my sister (she is a lawyer in NYC) about their past lawsuit of descrimination during hiring, and they lost that case. Hooters has not lost a case yet, but Abercrombie has becuase they instructed store manager to "throw application in the trash if the applicant does not fit our look". The thing is there is no $ in it since it was a certain kind of case (honestly can not remember the name...I am far from a lawyer)...it was done more for the press.

Hooters has lost quite a few cases (they are headquartered in tampa) for all kinds of things. However they have not lost many involving discrimination because they have settled every one of them. They settle with each case that comes their way and it has worked so far.

Here is just one example.
http://www.onpointnews.com/NEWS/Would-Be-Hooters-Guy-Settles-Discrimination-Suit.html

They settled with this guy for a $1000 bucks. Others have been much much higher.

Class action case is what I was thinking. She told me that Hooters was much better at keeping it from being a big deal like the Abercrombie cases...that A was in far worse condition becuase of their actions and policies.

Our receptionist's daughter (a pretty good kid) was just fired from there, because she highlighted her hair (she did make them put it in writing). They insisted that her hair be 'natural'

That whole organization, is run and operated by sleezebags of the highest order.

Our receptionist's daughter (a pretty good kid) was just fired from there, because she highlighted her hair (she did make them put it in writing). They insisted that her hair be 'natural'

That whole organization, is run and operated by sleezebags of the highest order.

What color did she highlight it? (Stop looking at me like that guys, I live with a stylist!)

I smell a discrimination suit if they want to push it.

red and blonde. She's got black hair. It doesn't look bad, IMO.

ive never even been in an Abercrombie store. i always walk right by it. i like the Abercrombie sketches on Mad TV though

love thereir t-shirts.

Never been in any of their stores though...never even seen one of their stores!!
think there is one in London.I just pay online prices. The t-shirts look good (imo) but the best bit is the quality, really thick sueded cotton. Feels good and lasts forever.

This whole thing seems a little cruel though. Especially if they hired the girl knowing about the prosthetic.

I just dont get the loud music when you walk in there.

Every store I've ever worked at required hair to be a natural color (not your natural color, necessarily, just A natural color, no streakies or weird things going on), said you can't have your nails too long, you need to cover tattoos, and piercings for ears only. Just because of the prevalence of these rules in retail, I don't think it would fly as discrimination.

Not to say firing for a prosthetic arm (or weight) is OK at all. She can't help that. Not only that, but she's cute! I'm sorry, but I can't think she'd be as efficient in a stockroom...better on the floor selling, I'd think.

Back