Official Wedge Shoot Out Thread

3 testers down and 15 more to go. We are seeing some trends in spin and feel and performance is all over the place. The results in a week or so.

I wonder if it will come down similar to putters, where percerption makes the club perform better. I will be watching for the results with great interest.

I am not sure that happened with putters since so many unknown brands did well.

this shootout might just get me to buy a contender to tryout againstagainst the MPT's....

THP wants to thank member RocketSauce for stepping up when we needed him. We had a cancellation for Friday and needed someone to fill in on short notice. He is taking the slot and we thank him for it.

THP wants to thank member RocketSauce for stepping up when we needed him. We had a cancellation for Friday and needed someone to fill in on short notice. He is taking the slot and we thank him for it.

That's taking one for the team, WTG RocketSauce:D

One of the plus points for living close! I noted that you didn't ask me or MO! hehehe

(Sure, I'll bet you are going to say it was only because you needed a lower handicap!)

You guys have standing invitations. Yet I wake every morning for you two to show up and get deflated when it never comes.

Never a torture. You are welcome anytime and I would love it I am sure.

Tomorrow RocketSauce is up and hopefully he has some fun with it. He will report back afterwards.

Just got back from the session with RocketSauce. We have 10 down and 8 more to go.

Only a few more to go before we wrap this one up. Glad we were able to have a forum member take part in this shoot out. RocketSauce worked hard out there and it took a couple of hours, but this one is coming together very nicely.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to organize this. I am looking forward to the big report.

Im holding off on a new wedge set until this thing comes out.

The testing is officially done. All results have been turned in and calculations are taking place. We have some surprises, but one thing we came away with here is that each and every one of these wedges is pretty darn good.

However we did notice trending especially in Spin and Performance. Looks and feel are very subjective, but with Spin and Performance, it was charted and the trends must say something. The same couple of wedges came up in just about every handicap group and every player. Not bad at all.

This one was extremely fun and took lots of time. Now its time to write it up and give everybody the info that they have been looking for.

So.... it'll be ready tomorrow then? :D

It depends how fast of a typer you are? hehe

Can't wait to see the results. My money is on the Nike VR Forged with one of the Cleveland CG's in a close second.

Am i the only one here thinking.............."youre hitting 1000s of brand new b330s into a range!"
but im anxious for the results, i need a new 60(low bounce)

No, we are hitting them on a practice green and on a certain hole on my course.

Well JB,
I see that the wedges in your sig haven't changed so there was no hint for us as to the winner! LOL....or was there??????????

I did not hit a single wedge for the shoot out. So I was just a witness so to speak.

All the data has been compiled and early next week will be the official release of the Shoot Out results.

Looking forward to this.

Back