TaylorMade ATV Wedges Review - Forum Testing

Satchmo it doesn't look too bad the playing area looks no worse for the fall but the toe looks jaded like Gary Busey's teeth.

Hahaha

Yes sir, I was able to reduce the amount of damage though with the sand paper, it still plays as good as it did the first day I received it! I love using it as my utility wedge.

Mine came with a stock grip that had the circles on it, did you buy yours used?

Yea I bought mine from a fellow THPer but they have TM grips on them. Maybe he just changed the grips when he ordered them

Yea I bought mine from a fellow THPer but they have TM grips on them. Maybe he just changed the grips when he ordered them

that could be it. It's not that necessary but the extra length on the grip really makes is comfortable on those shots that call for choking down on the club

Happy to announce that I will finally be playing tomorrow with these. I am so excited it's not even funny. Been struggling mightily chipping from tight lies so this should be fun.

Happy to announce that I will finally be playing tomorrow with these. I am so excited it's not even funny. Been struggling mightily chipping from tight lies so this should be fun.

That's awesome dude, hopefully that weather stays great! How many times have you gone out with them?

That's awesome dude, hopefully that weather stays great! How many times have you gone out with them?

ZERO! 6 weeks in a row I have gotten rained out. No joke. It's unreal. Tomorrow the weather is going to beautiful. Same for Tuesday when I am playing again.

ZERO! 6 weeks in a row I have gotten rained out. No joke. It's unreal. Tomorrow the weather is going to beautiful. Same for Tuesday when I am playing again.

wow man that sucks, and look at me all complaining that we don't get enough rain haha. Well you may notice that they are a bit awkward at first, but then after a couple shots, you'll see what all the hype is about.

I would suggest working a few minutes with the ATV before and try out those 5 shots that Taylormade claims you can do with one wedge, you may like what you see man

wow man that sucks, and look at me all complaining that we don't get enough rain haha. Well you may notice that they are a bit awkward at first, but then after a couple shots, you'll see what all the hype is about.

I would suggest working a few minutes with the ATV before and try out those 5 shots that Taylormade claims you can do with one wedge, you may like what you see man

I have used them at the range probably 5 or 6 times so I am through the awkward phase. Just havent gotten them to the course yet.

I have used them at the range probably 5 or 6 times so I am through the awkward phase. Just havent gotten them to the course yet.

Awesome, I love using them on the course, haha I the range I really suck with them but on the course I can get some great shots

theres to many replys on here to sift through them all but im wondering if anyone has any of the rbz wedges that have tried the atv. I got the rbz wedge with the atv sole but i need to get a gap wedge and im wondering if i get a atv wedge to fill it is the performance similar enough to mix like that or do i need to match them better

theres to many replys on here to sift through them all but im wondering if anyone has any of the rbz wedges that have tried the atv. I got the rbz wedge with the atv sole but i need to get a gap wedge and im wondering if i get a atv wedge to fill it is the performance similar enough to mix like that or do i need to match them better

I know Ole Gray has the RBZ irons as well as an ATV sand wedge and he mentioned that his RBX gap wedge was taking care of him since it has the same sole

Well I dont want to jump the gun after just 9 holes but I think my wedge search is over. My big issue lately has been chipping from tight lies. These were amazing. No matter what shot I hit and from what lie I felt like I made solid contact and the ball got a nice spin on it quickly as well. I know there was some talk about people not liking the look of them. To be honest, at address, they look like any other wedge to me. I fortunately did not have any opportunities to use them out of the sand. I found myself using the 52 degree ATV for shots that I would normally hit PW. I just feel really confident in them and know I will make solid contact. So far so good. Next 9 holes will be Tuesday after work, weather permitting.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Well I dont want to jump the gun after just 9 holes but I think my wedge search is over. My big issue lately has been chipping from tight lies. These were amazing. No matter what shot I hit and from what lie I felt like I made solid contact and the ball got a nice spin on it quickly as well. I know there was some talk about people not liking the look of them. To be honest, at address, they look like any other wedge to me. I fortunately did not have any opportunities to use them out of the sand. I found myself using the 52 degree ATV for shots that I would normally hit PW. I just feel really confident in them and know I will make solid contact. So far so good. Next 9 holes will be Tuesday after work, weather permitting.

Tap Tap Taparoo

That's great man, I hope you like them more, I really enjoy playing them

Thanks buddy. I am definitely impressed. It was good to get them on the course and not just at the range.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Thanks buddy. I am definitely impressed. It was good to get them on the course and not just at the range.

Tap Tap Taparoo

did you get to see any flop shots?

did you get to see any flop shots?

I hit one from behind a bunker and knocked it to within 5 feet. It was one of my first shots with the 56.

Tap Tap Taparoo

I hit one from behind a bunker and knocked it to within 5 feet. It was one of my first shots with the 56.

Tap Tap Taparoo

that's awesome, it's one of my favorite shots with this wedge

picked up a 50 54 and 60 atv the other day used them on the course today and shot a 78 absolutely love them reminds me of the old ben hogan with the sure out sole

picked up a 50 54 and 60 atv the other day used them on the course today and shot a 78 absolutely love them reminds me of the old ben hogan with the sure out sole
congrats on the nice score and great set of wedges! They really are fun to hit

Im loving the soles on these. They are just sooo versatile with different lies. I wonder what would happen if they put these on a
full set of irons???

2nd round with these wedges. Loving them so far. Almost holed a chip from off the green. Also had a few other nice shots. A short wedge shot with the 56 to within a few feet. Also got a chance to hit from the sand tonight and the ball came out nice and easy. I am really impressed so far.

Tap Tap Taparoo

2nd round with these wedges. Loving them so far. Almost holed a chip from off the green. Also had a few other nice shots. A short wedge shot with the 56 to within a few feet. Also got a chance to hit from the sand tonight and the ball came out nice and easy. I am really impressed so far.

Tap Tap Taparoo

That's impressive, I found it that I was more accurate with my ATV wedge and one of the first shots I made with it was a chip in, I love my ATV so much and even though it looks like a feral dog right now, It's my go to wedge

Since Im going back to a stock R11 gap wedge I am thinking of giving a 56 degree ATV a try. I dont know if I truelly need a lob wedge in my bag if I can get the ATV up in the air good.

Since Im going back to a stock R11 gap wedge I am thinking of giving a 56 degree ATV a try. I don't know if I truely need a lob wedge in my bag if I can get the ATV up in the air good.

I would just about bet the farm you can get this puppy plenty high enough, on those type shots around the green. It would be cool if you could demo one to see what I'm talking about.

I would just about bet the farm you can get this puppy plenty high enough, on those type shots around the green. It would be cool if you could demo one to see what I'm talking about.

If there is one in the used bin at my local golf shop they would let me. I liked my clevelands but just couldnt get the gap wedge to work for me.

Back