Tiger using 10º driver.

dynarider

insert witty saying here
Reaction score
Handicap
twits
Heard one of the announcers say today that Tiger was using a 10º driver. Makes you question why any of us mere mortals would think we need an 8º or 9º driver if he doesn't.

Yeah,
He said in the interview on Saturday that he switched. He mentioned that "he was getting old" and needed to. But man he hit well with it.

Makes you question why any of us mere mortals would think we need an 8º or 9º driver if he doesn't.

im actually switching to an 8.5*. but its what works best for my swing. i mean i was carrying it in the mid 280's on average and it was rolling a good 10 or 15 yards

Loved the "getting old" comment. Very funny. I like my 9.5* worm burner special.

That's pretty funny how people base what they buy on what Tiger is using...

It's always been like that, look at how many folks attempt to emulate Hogan in everything he did on the course. I bet the sale of 10º drivers goes up now.

That's pretty funny how people base what they buy on what Tiger is using...

Except in this case, it might actually be advantageous for people to switch from lower lofts and start playing what they should have been all along.

(Says the person with a 10.5° and a 12.5° driver!)

Except in this case, it might actually be advantageous for people to switch from lower lofts and start playing what they should have been all along.

(Says the person with a 10.5° and a 12.5° driver!)

True, but nothing wrong with getting fitted properly for yourself and letting Tiger work it out with Nike...

Back